1895 P Barber dime

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a post in the eBay forum about a silver coin lot I purchased under spot.. couldn't make out a lot of the coins in the lot as far as dates etc. I did happen to see the reverse of a single barber dime - which turned out to be THIS barber dime.
1496432230687277913694.jpg 14964322919981401945687.jpg

I am a novice at grading, but the front looks G4 with a reverse of VG8? All I know is it looks better than the 7 I see listed on eBay.

Super excited because if I'm reading into this right it paid for the whole lot! (Spent $114)

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say it paid for the whole lot, but overall it appears to be in VG condition. Red book gives a value of $160, but on EBay they sell for around $100 or more, though they can be as low as $30 in fair condition.

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say it paid for the whole lot, but overall it appears to be in VG condition. Red book gives a value of $160, but on EBay they sell for around $100 or more, though they can be as low as $30 in fair condition.

Hey, that's still music to my ears. Picking up the lot for 71% of spot was terrific, but this find is the icing on the cake! I mean, I was excited when I found a cull 1916 P dime that was hidden in the photos.. this is downright amazing to me, lol.

edit: I should also note I don't even plan on selling this sucker, it's going right into the collection. Anything that I pick up in a bargain like this (coin wise, mainly) I hold onto because I'd never bring myself to shell out the cash for it. Definitely the jewel of my silver dimes so far!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions