Looking for computer nerds to help

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these old floppy disc games in a cleanout of a computer hoarders home. Way overwhelming on the computer equipment that was scrapped or dumped...you would be mad at me to even know. I was wondering if there is a market for these old games and if so what are the values? Any information is accepted and even ideas on what to do with them....ie places to sell etc. Please feel free to help me out..as in most of these areas I am incompetent.

Attachments

• SAM_0582.JPG
    SAM_0582.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • SAM_0583.JPG
    SAM_0583.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably about $25 for the Dungeons and Dragons game (if complete), and another $25 for the mouse. Nothing else really worth much, maybe $5 for the LOTR game.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not too much help on value, but those games like the D&D game are still pretty widely played. However they sell them nowadays with an emulator that mimics pc's of the time in order to play them (although load times are zero). They sell that way for about $5. Otherwise, it'd be hard to get stable equipment in place to play with the floppys and the experience would be very...realistic while waiting for loading & crashes.

If someone buys it its probably for the books and box art. That D&D game is very fun old school adventure btw!

ButtonBidder

Nov 20, 2015
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
kingskid1611 old floppy disc games,
Agree not a lot of value but you can put some on eBay and find out, Each will likely say what computer system they will work on my guess many will be for Windows 98 or XP, eBay is easy if you haven't tried it yet and you can sell off your old junk.

I found several hundred PC games mostly hunting games for Windows XP and DVDs mostly John Wayne movies at the dump last month, There was still hundreds just out of reach but not worth it to me to dive in for

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here have systems that still accepts these games? Just curious
Not trying to be negative, just asking
Brady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread