The top WHATEVER Metal Detector NEW!!! BUT, What about USED?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK! We have ALL seen the post on YouTube regarding the best metal detectors...NEW!! from this range to that range in features next to price.....right? I Love YouTube by the way!

Well I am posting what YOU!!! think is the best metal detector for value say three-five years in moderate, great, to excellent and even sometimes NEW condition.

Again THIS post is for detectors in rough, used, to barely...NEW condition condition ONLY!!....with Regards to Separation, Masking, Recovery and Depth and Features...

Again this must be under $750.00 US..AND can include extra accessories including coils, headphones and digger tools available if you like from an individual, private or dealer level distributor! Period!

I WANT to KNOW but as WELL preserve the thought in your GREAT MINDS!! this Great sport and relationship we have to offer in what WE are looking for in FIRST or even AFTER our first MACHINE for those that are shopping for..AND what are prospects/outlooks to owning as USED but fairly decent detector what our current manufactures offers, what are you willing to pay used for a next intermediate to advanced detector.

I have seen as you have GREAT BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED Level detectors offerings manufactures and dealers offers.

I can see what is being Offered and sold as classified and even auctioned online. But for myself as an Intermediate Hunter I WANT to preserve this great sport to NEW combers, Dealers abound and to our our experienced existing hunters. YES!!! we have a collection what we want to sell and migrate too...considering the NEXT LEVEL UP offerings and technologies, ....but keep this in mind WHAT would you pay to what you would expect NEXT to what the Dealer would charge for BRAND NEW detector to what you could pick up as a used model and it's current condition PAY FOR!! ... WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT and willing to pay for up and above 1/2 price to the current MSRP on that same detector....Period!!

....FOR me IT is nothing more then 1/2 it's price fir what it was worth NEW and THEN work your way up. For those others are willing to pay more....look what you currently have and continue get use of that current machine get used to it first then move up. Don't be caught in buying so quickly. A word of advise. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH and what you are currently using before buying USED!! AND Remember to not go over that much to what the MSRP currently is on new next to used.OK?? Just saying!:coffee2:

PS

There maybe something new around the corner :tongue3:

Thank-You for preserving this great hobby. HH.:metaldetector:

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I will jump in and say that of the great machines, you're not going to see 50% off, no way. Except for my Fisher 1260X which I bought new, my others were used. If I had offered 50% on the others I own, I'd still be using the 1260X.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will jump in and say that of the great machines, you're not going to see 50% off, no way. Except for my Fisher 1260X which I bought new, my others were used. If I had offered 50% on the others I own, I'd still be using the 1260X.

In General then what would you be offering though 60-65% then?...in general, got to remember warranty of the original owner..your case your Fisher 1260x even though a great machine, what would you offer up and above 1/2 of the MSRP of a new machine, used, if you have your eyes on,,,another machine. I know you will always fall back to the Fisher as this is my case in point, but if you were to look at something new and possibly better??

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A better question what is your bottom line used then if your Fisher is your go to still...?

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got thinking again here and yeah...you are correct.

Thanks Deepseeker.:occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Some examples.....

If you're say looking at a very good condition used CTX 3030 out of warranty which retails at around $2500 MSRP, you can sometimes find them for around $1500 used. A new Excal II is around $1600 new MSRP, you're looking at a very good deal if you can find a used one for $900 though they mostly go for $1200 or maybe a wee bit less.

But those new prices are MSRP, and most vendors here will prices them a bit better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions