Does anyone have any idea what this coin might be worth?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me I take it like a man

Hey Bro, It's all good , I looked at it for a minute before I saw 'Copy'.
We all get excited & don't "Check" things enough before posting.

Yesterday I was in a Hurry & rested 2 of my detectors against the passenger side of the Car while loading other stuff, Got to my site put on my pouch ,looked & NO DETECTORS !!!!!

Drove 80 in a 45 8 miles back home Cussing myself all the way home while picturing crushed Machines.

Got home & they were lying on the ground by the Driveway.

Thank the Lord I backed out to my right cause if I had backed out to my left , the front wheels 90% would have crushed them . Went on to find nothing , then went to a park for some pocket Change and pull-tabs ,Got an older looking Brass Medallion but I nailed it with my Shovel .

Oh well got $2 & a Wheat., Then left my battery cover at the Park & had to drive 10 miles down I 75 to go get it.

Ill forget yesterday happened. lol

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like the time I was 16 and wanted to change my own oil in my 73” 240Z. I proceeded to drain the oil and put 5 more quarts of oil my my new ride. I was so proud of myself. Half way down the street I heard a knock that was getting extremely loud thank goodness we had Gulf station at the end of my block. I’m pulling in there, with all the old timers sitting out front drink there Dixie Beers, and they all stand up hearing this crazy noise. Mr. Roger checks out everything and then I hear, ”Hey y’all come see this!!! This little sh*t drained his transmission fluid and add more oil!!”. They gave me the business the whole time I had to wait. Back then you either Won or Learned......no snowflakes were allowed.

Note: I thought the oil looked clean when I drained it. Lol

LOL, & Dixie Beer , never partook of that brand.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, & Dixie Beer , never partook of that brand.

IMG_2007.JPG
It would put hair on your chest. Made in New Orleans est. 1907

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yesterday I was in a Hurry & rested 2 of my detectors against the passenger side of the Car while loading other stuff, Got to my site put on my pouch ,looked & NO DETECTORS !!!!!

Drove 80 in a 45 8 miles back home Cussing myself all the way home while picturing crushed Machines.

Thank the Lord I backed out to my right cause if I had backed out to my left , the front wheels 90% would have crushed them . Went on to find nothing , then went to a park for some pocket Change and pull-tabs ,Got an older looking Brass Medallion but I nailed it with my Shovel .

Oh well got $2 & a Wheat., Then left my battery cover at the Park & had to drive 10 miles down I 75 to go get it.

Lol chalk it down as one of those days. I’ve been there. Thank the Good Lord you didn’t crush those detectors. You’re a good man Davers.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best bet if you want a real Confederate coin would be to look at the 1861 O half dollars. Some were minted by the US, then after secession some were minted by the state of Louisiana, and finally some by the CSA. While it is not always possible to tell which entity was in charge of the mint when they were made, some can be attributed to the CSA by die characteristics.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best bet if you want a real Confederate coin would be to look at the 1861 O half dollars. Some were minted by the US, then after secession some were minted by the state of Louisiana, and finally some by the CSA. While it is not always possible to tell which entity was in charge of the mint when they were made, some can be attributed to the CSA by die characteristics.

I’ll look into that I.cutler thanks buddy

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
A few years ago, in my Mexico mountain village, a man, since deceased, asked my help putting a value on the silver dollars his dad bought years ago when he was in the US. Not sure if he was a legal WWII bracero or not and didn't matter much.

I walked home and got my wife's trusty Bugs Bunny refrigerator magnet. Every single silver dollar he had went CLINK! when that magnet got close. I had to tell him they were counterfeit. On here, I was told they were typical Chinese counterfeits.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only true Confederate marked coins are 5 half dollars and 12 cents, those are all that were made. So if ever offered a coin marked Confederate States of America, it is not real! As previously stated, the New Orleans mint did continue making regular coins for a while but are not marked as such. There are some true restrikes of the rare Confederate coins, and there are tons of outright copies and fakes. Confederate paper currency is a great way to collect Confederate money, and much of it is very reasonably priced.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....and here I thought the confederacy put the word copy on it to confuse the Union?! :) Cutler is correct. Confederate coinage never got off the ground and the few pieces that were struck are accounted for and in Serious collections. I believe the last one that crossed the block broke a million bucks? Cant remember the number but it made me pucker

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
call me STUPID literally ! but it says copy right dere. yep right dere.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

dats why i swear to never ever ever put things on the roof again. i still slip sometimes though. lost my favorite iced tea mug that way. thought i was going to have a heart attach. SHEWWWWWWWWW ! wouldnt ever want to experience that with 2 detectors

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coviot emptor or something like that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread