14k white gold woman's ring with 25 diamonds

coinzer

Nov 21, 2016
Olathe, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all I have found this ring and am curious as to what a legitimate value would be on this. All I know at this point is that it is 14k white gold with 25 diamonds on it and made by Tessler&Weiss no idea on age or anything, do not know much about Tessler&Weiss nor can i find much on the net. Any opinions or knowledge about this ring is appreciated. 20180211_162251.jpg 20180211_162525.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the weight in gold that pretty much determines the value of an item like this. The maker isn't really a highly recognized one such as Cartier or Tiffany. The stones are rather small and really don't add much to it's value imo. My guess is it would maybe retail as-is, at around 10 to 15% over it's actual spot value in gold weight to the right buyer as a piece of wearable jewelry. I'm thinking it was made in the 1970s.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 dollars over spot for diamonds... IF you have a cool gold buyer.

They are considered "chips"... and value is nil.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First thing I would do is take it to a proper jeweler and have them
look over the diamonds. Those don't look like little chips (to my
untrained eyes), and it might be well worth the effort of having
them graded.

Selling the diamonds to a jeweler and the gold separate might get
you the biggest return.

Awesome find..no matter what ya do with it! :dontknow:

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I concur with Dizz. and if the jeweler makes an offer just double what they offer as retail value.. They offered me 800 for a ring that I own that was being cleaned and polished so I quesstimated 1600 to 1800 as to what they would try and resell it for.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamonds are worse than cars when it comes to depreciation when they leave the store unless they are at least 1 carat or above solitary high quality (and they still lose value). Diamond rings will lose 30-50% just leaving the store and continue to fall. The mark up on diamond rings is also huge. A $2000 diamond ring might get you $300-$500 12 months later unless you find a friend who is looking for one, diamonds are a poor investment unless your talking solitary diamonds above 1+ carrot.

Huge mark ups on jewelry, especially diamond jewelry. I bought my wife a 3 carat diamond ring for our 20th anniversary, it was on sale through a national jewelry store. It was marked down from $7000 to $2200, (shows how much markup they have). I added a lifetime warranty for damage to settings and lost stones for $175, wife sister works at the store so I also got a 15% employee discount knocking another $350 off of it, with taxes it cost me about $2150 on a ring that normally retails for $7000 plus tax and they still made money on me. I bought my wife a 5 carat diamond bracelet that past Christmas that retails for $7500, I paid $2250 on Black Friday including the warranty and they still made money off of me so that shows you the mark up jewelry stores have on precious stone jewelry.

The value in your ring is the gold 99% of the time, remove the diamonds and save them, you can have a ring custom made later on with the diamonds you save from rings you find. Most jewelers unless they are small independents couldn't care less about your diamonds, they buy diamonds and jewelry in bulk. Unless the diamond offered is extremely rare for what ever reason there's simply is no reason for a jeweler to be compelled to buy a diamond from a private party when he can but an identical diamond in bulk for less from hundreds of wholesalers with better payment terms.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread