Native American Artifacts from WI

WiscoSiD

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could give me some information about the items in picture below and if they hold any monetary value. I unfortunately don't know much about them outside of the fact that I have a couple of copper spearheads and a collection of arrowheads. If anyone can help me out it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Arrowheads.jpg

bone2stone

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good news and bad news.
This is only an opinion based on experience at shows where people purchase entire collections.
The good news first.
Your copper points although not extremely rare they are the most valued in your collection.
You can get a good idea as to their worth by looking at Native American artifacts on On-Line-Auctions.
If anyone can tell you their worth it would be there.(Most avid purchasing houses will not give strict pricing over the internet)
Precedence is somewhat of great importance, "Wisconsin is a big place".
(Found in drawer at grampy's house in a drawer is not much to go on)
If you found them, knowledge as to locality is just as valuable as the point it's self.

Now the bad news.
Most of the entire collection of stone implements are not worth half of what even one of the coppers are worth.
Most are what is called "Field" grade or "brokes".
I see maybe two or three that are worth some USDs but not much.

Brokes for the most part are worth conversation only and are treated with very little collectability except to the finder.
Hope this does not burst any bubbles. A lot of people, who have family collections picked over the years,
are very disappointed when they find out the value after keeping them for 20+ years or so.
Then again some find out they were sitting on a small fortune for years and did not know it.

Bone2stone

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WiscoSiD

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bone2Stone,

Thank you for the detailed reply. We intend to keep the collection in the family but we wanted to know what we had. The items originated in Chenequa, WI. A relative farmed land in this area many years ago and we were told he collected these items during that time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread