All Brass 3-piece candle stick holder

jks2346

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

I have one, 3-piece candle holder that is quite old. I have no idea what brass is worth, let alone when it is in candle stick holder form, so I would appreciate a quick note about how to appraise brass items to begin with! I have a lot of brass items that I am looking to sell. I’ll post a picture of the candle stick holder and then if people are just interested in the other brass items, maybe I can upload those later. Thank you ahead of time!

Best,
Joey

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 70

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see your a new member. Welcome to the forum.... I was an antique dealer and here's my opinion. I don't see a lot of value because the base clearly shows it's made out of what we call a "pot" metal. It's a slurry of different metals all put together and it looks like it was silver plated at one time, with most of the plating gone. The primary component is zinc because of it's low melt point, but they usually add other metals to give it strength like lead, copper,tin. Also, there's usually wool felt on the bottom to keep the feet from scratching the surface it's placed on. Usually what I like to do with these pieces is convert them to lamps. You go from having a piece worth maybe $5 dollars at a garage sale, to as much as $40 to $50, with the right shade, for a bedside table lamp.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread