world coin collection

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I have a world coin collection. I don't know if any of the coins in the collection have any significant value. Can anyone please take a glance and give me a general idea about them? Thank you! IMG_2978.JPG IMG_2980.JPG IMG_2989.JPG IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2997.JPG

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard araanderson! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately most of that material appears to be relatively modern or even currently circulating, so the main value would be in the exchange-rate conversion of the Canadian dollars into USD, for example. Not sure if you have any rare varieties but generally speaking it looks like a bunch of spending money that is languishing in a country where it isn't accepted.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the event that you come back to see these responses....
Keep collecting, and welcome to Tnet.

OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard araanderson! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Thank you!

OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately most of that material appears to be relatively modern or even currently circulating, so the main value would be in the exchange-rate conversion of the Canadian dollars into USD, for example. Not sure if you have any rare varieties but generally speaking it looks like a bunch of spending money that is languishing in a country where it isn't accepted.

Thanks for the detailed response. I figured I didn't have much, but I was secretly hoping for a gem in there.

OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif

Thanks for the advice. It seemed to help because I've gotten more views.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. From Niagara Falls. Nice coin collection.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless foreign coins are made of silver or are very old they generally have little or no collector value.

OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless foreign coins are made of silver or are very old they generally have little or no collector value.

Thanks Clad2Silver. I took another batch of world coins over to a coin dealer and was surprised to find out that a Canadian 25-cent piece was solid silver. My best guess is that the value of the silver makes the coin worth more than 25 cents.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice collection. Congrats :occasion14:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see much value but you can sell in bulk on ebay and will most likely get some hits. Some teachers will purchase these when doing money from around the world series in schools. Welcome aboard.

OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see much value but you can sell in bulk on ebay and will most likely get some hits. Some teachers will purchase these when doing money from around the world series in schools. Welcome aboard.

Thanks kingskid1611. I appreciate the idea. I'm checking out Ebay coin auctions now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread