WW2 Nazi German Visor

TreasureHunter02

Dec 27, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got this hat a while ago and have always wondered what branch it was and what it’s worth. Any ideas? 4CDD7F5C-2871-4493-9252-74D176CC5543.jpeg
F7E91C25-355B-4EE9-B172-1DEE2F1195B3.jpeg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Type the words into a translator on the net. Might do it.

All that the inside information gives you is the Company that manufactured the hat, where it was manufactured as well as identification numbers for the model and size, etc., etc.. (i.e. A. Kempf K. G., Uniform Cap/Hat Factory, 8471 Oedmiesbach and other Model and size information).

The Visor Cap appears to a German Army Officer's Cap but I question the cloth Eagle with Swastika as most Officers would have had a metal Eagle with Swastika Pin which may have contained Silver.

GregK

Jan 10, 2008
Unfortunately worth very little as it is a converted post war German visor. Nothing about this cap is pre 1945 manufacture.

"The Visor Cap appears to a German Army Officer's Cap but I question the cloth Eagle with Swastika as most Officers would have had a metal Eagle with Swastika Pin which may have contained Silver."

Not the case at all I have seen LOADS if visors with bullion insignia. Quite common as a matter of fact.

Greg

OP
OP
T

TreasureHunter02

Dec 27, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately worth very little as it is a converted post war German visor. Nothing about this cap is pre 1945 manufacture.

"The Visor Cap appears to a German Army Officer's Cap but I question the cloth Eagle with Swastika as most Officers would have had a metal Eagle with Swastika Pin which may have contained Silver."

Not the case at all I have seen LOADS if visors with bullion insignia. Quite common as a matter of fact.

Greg
So basically it’s a fake?

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No four digit postcodes were in use before the 60ies. Clear fake, perhaps an reenactor item.

Greets Namxat

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still pretty cool

Top Member Reactions