Rare vintage 1932 coca cola porcelain sign 60" x 35" needs refurbishing worth

Funkychick

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare vintage 1932 coca cola porcelain sign 60" x 35" needs refurbishing worth

Hello,
I think I attached a pic. We're having issues figuring out where to sell this sign and how much it's worth. It's very damaged, but I know it's also considered collectible. Is there some kind of specific online auction for this kind of thing? Or a forum where we could post it for sell? Main problem is shipping. It costs way more than people are offering to pay for it. Maybe someone knows how to ship this cheaper? Also, I dont know what to ask as a price since it does have so much damage. Appreciate any insight. I can't continue storing this in my livingroom.
Karen Houston, tx

Attachments

• IMG_20181203_145353.jpg
    IMG_20181203_145353.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
welcome to Tnet from East TX and you have to be a charter member to sell stuff here

OP
OP
F

Funkychick

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an inquiry about how to sell this item, where, and for how much. It is not a sales ad. If this is the suggested place, then I don't mind going through the correct process. I'm posting this as an inquiry for more information since I know nothing about this sign except I googled the description of it.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Funkychick!

Larger sign, but in sad shape - filler for a collector, funky for a hipster bar.

IF it was mine, I would list on CL, local Pick up - price? If found piece, anything paid, you're ahead.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw several on eBay that match yours. One was much larger but in better condition and another that seemed to match the dimensions on your sign and in way worse condition listed at $699. Of course 'listed' and 'sold for' prices are usually worlds apart.
$300-$500 is probably a good place to start. In addition to Craigslist, your local Facebook marketplace pages might help find you a buyer.
And don't refurbish. That's not damage, it's patina!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay would be a good place to try and value it

OP
OP
F

Funkychick

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say thank you for all the responses. They gave me an idea of reasonable price and options. I passed on the suggestion to leave it as is and the new owner happily hung it in his bar. So great advice was given here. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread