WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My father-in-law asked me to research this. The auction websites are all over the place. What do you peeps think it is worth?

IMG_8336.JPG

Thanks for Looking!

~Sis (WD)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not really sure Sis :dontknow: "pl8man" here on Tnet could give you a better idea. Cool plate though!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really sure Sis :dontknow: "pl8man" here on Tnet could give you a better idea. Cool plate though!

Thanks, civilman1. Hopefully he will chime in. It is pretty cool. I think I read something about the order of the letters vs. numbers indicate where it may have been issued from. I am going to try to contact BMV and see what they can tell me.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your plate is in very good condition and should fetch $25-$40 based on sold eBay listings.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard they can go for a good price depends on year state condition I remember cause I found one from the 30s and was rusted and did some research on its value of it was nicer
I would put it on auction for 1 week it will usually hit its value by then if it's a sought after plate. Good luck

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the feed back everyone. I will pass on the information. :thumbsup:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=5]Ohio 150th Anniversary Northwest Territory '38[/h] The Northwest Territory, organized in 1788, was a vast tract of land that covered all of what is now the U.S. Midwest east of the Mississippi River, including present-day Ohio. Anyway, between 1935 and 1979, Ohio issued different serial formats to motorists living in various parts of the state. This format, with two suffix letters, identified the motorist as being from the western or southwestern portion of Ohio, which included Cincinnati and Dayton.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohio 150th Anniversary Northwest Territory '38

The Northwest Territory, organized in 1788, was a vast tract of land that covered all of what is now the U.S. Midwest east of the Mississippi River, including present-day Ohio. Anyway, between 1935 and 1979, Ohio issued different serial formats to motorists living in various parts of the state. This format, with two suffix letters, identified the motorist as being from the western or southwestern portion of Ohio, which included Cincinnati and Dayton.

Thanks, fyrffytr1. That is the information I thought I had read. Now I have all the information in one spot. I appreciate it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
$20-$40 going by Ebay "sold" auctions. If he had a matching pair they are worth a bit more. I collect license plates and personally it wouldn't be worth even $20 to me simply because they aren't all that rare. You have to remember all the regular passenger car plates they issued that year had that stuff on them. Now if you come across an Orange Tennessee plate from 1951 we need to talk..

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, everyone, for all the information. :thumbsup: The next time we visit my Father-in-law, I will bring up the thread and let him read it.

Note: I will keep my eye out for the 1951 Tennessee plate. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions