Please have a look experts!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also see what might be a vintage Lladro china figurine (from Spain)… the windswept girl with the bonnet. If it is LLadro, it will say so in blue inside the base and in perfect condition it might fetch $70... but considerably less in the condition you're showing with the gold decoration worn off.

The twee figure of the boy with a ridiculous hat is by Homco, founded in Texas in 1957 and will be from the 1960s. A collector of those might give you $2 for it but you’d need to pay anyone else to take it off your hands. The nautical captain with the binoculars is also relatively modern and resin-cast. I forget who made them but there’s a whole set in different poses.

There are various other curiosities, including a ‘shiva lingam’ stone and a jade ‘bi’ disc made as a small charm. Nothing of real value. The jade item might fetch $10-20 depending on the quality of the stone. It doesn’t look great.

You might expect to pay $25 each for the flying fish and the giant starfish but probably won’t be able to sell them for that.

None of the visible coins have any collector value and neither do the identifiable geological items (I can see a nice mica specimen, a small quartz geode, what looks like a galena specimen or possibly graphite, some vesicular lava/basalt, probably spotted basalt and what looks like a pretty chunk of travertine among others). Even collectors of rocks and minerals would really want the localities for where the specimens were collected for them to be worth more than a few dollars.

The whistle might warrant some closer inspection if it’s silver.

It’s a fascinating collection of items in the territory of a ‘wunderkammer’ (cabinet of curiosities) but I think its material value comes only from the cumulative value of the sheer number of items rather than any of the individual collectibles. Once you’ve sifted through them to be sure nothing significant has been missed, the real question is whether you will find a market for them outside eBay… and even then would probably need to group them together in lots.

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hinge on the Zippo will determine its age. 3 piece hinge is older than the 5 piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread