1950s Panel Van Doors
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By EnvoyToTheMolePeople
  • 4 Post By smallfoot
  • 2 Post By RustyGold
  • 4 Post By IMAUDIGGER
  • 2 Post By IMAUDIGGER
  • 1 Post By EnvoyToTheMolePeople
  • 1 Post By IMAUDIGGER

Thread: 1950s Panel Van Doors

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    161 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

1950s Panel Van Doors

We've had these doors in the basement for a while. I'd like to get rid of them, but first I want to know what would be a good price. They aren't in fantastic shape, but they aren't so bad either.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_102313.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	1841505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_102342.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	1841506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_102555.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	1841507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200615_102813.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	1841508
    1637 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2007
    Mn.
    Minelab E-Trac
    1560 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Not worth anything. Junk yard might give a $1.00.
    Before you get ride of them take that little square panel off and make sure it isn't full of paper money.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    2607 times
    Worth plenty to somebody building one. Put them on Craigs list.. ebay lists 50s stuff from 300 to 700 for rear panel truck doors
    Crow, 1637, PetesPockets55 and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
    Worth plenty to somebody building one. Put them on Craigs list.. ebay lists 50s stuff from 300 to 700 for rear panel truck doors
    Good tip smallfoot. I was going to say the same thing. About $175 - $250.00 each to that guy building one.
    PetesPockets55 and smallfoot like this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Mar 2016
    4682 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgerdodger View Post
    Not worth anything. Junk yard might give a $1.00.
    Before you get ride of them take that little square panel off and make sure it isn't full of paper money.
    Envoy, people are ignorant these days and throw everything away (not directed personally at you Rodger). In restorations, the smallest part can be very expensive to obtain. Figure out what year and model and put up some Craigslist adds. They are not making anymore of them. Someone might just want them for the glass.

Reproduction body panels are junk and take twice the labor to make fit and never are really right except from a distance. People that do restorations understand this well.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jun 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Mar 2016
    4682 times
    Young people don’t realize the value and older people just remember what things cost 60 years ago (and how easily you could buy OEM parts).
    smallfoot and RustyGold like this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    161 times
    Sounds like they are worth putting up on Craigslist. I did open up the panel and peer inside, but I plan on sticking a snake cam in there in the future. I'll let you all know how that turns out.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Envoy, people are ignorant these days and throw everything away (not directed personally at you Rodger). In restorations, the smallest part can be very expensive to obtain. Figure out what year and model and put up some Craigslist adds. They are not making anymore of them. Someone might just want them for the glass.

Reproduction body panels are junk and take twice the labor to make fit and never are really right except from a distance. People that do restorations understand this well.
    How would you suggest finding out the make and model?

Mar 2016
    4682 times
    First thing I’d do is stand them upright and take some pictures of both sides. Then take a close up of the door handles and lock and any hardware on the inside. Someone that is interested in buying it, will want to know if they are rusted out, so I’d take a few pictures inside if you do take the access cover off.

I’d post these photos to the “what is it?” Forum here and get some eyes on it. I’ve got a book around here somewhere. I’ll take a look in a bit.

If I was to throw out an off the cuff guess..I’d say start looking at 1947-1955 Advanced Design Chevy panel trucks.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jun 29, 2020 at 09:00 PM.

Sponsored Links