IMG_7765.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 86

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Wehrmacht helmet is not actually a badge as such, but a decorative emblem that has been detached from a soldier’s photo album. Some examples:

Service Album1.jpg
Service Album2.jpg Service Album3.jpg
Service Album4.jpg

They’re common items of a non-official nature, purchased by troops for personal use to record their exploits during WWII and popularly known as “Meine Dienstzeit” (my period of service) albums.

Loads of different styles exist and you can pick up the albums themselves from around $50 upwards, with the value depending on the number of pictures and the degree of interest they hold. A detached emblem has minimal value.

Better pictures are needed for the other two items to determine exactly what they are.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bodges?........... "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Bodges!" Lol Seriously, those are cool.

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I believe the Wehrmacht helmet is not actually a badge as such, but a decorative emblem that has been detached from a soldier’s photo album. Some examples:

View attachment 1877075
View attachment 1877076 View attachment 1877077
View attachment 1877078

They’re common items of a non-official nature, purchased by troops for personal use to record their exploits during WWII and popularly known as “Meine Dienstzeit” (my period of service) albums.

Loads of different styles exist and you can pick up the albums themselves from around $50 upwards, with the value depending on the number of pictures and the degree of interest they hold. A detached emblem has minimal value.

Better pictures are needed for the other two items to determine exactly what they are.

Thank you--this has been EXTREMELY helpful! Sorry i took so long to reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread