Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
929B886A-C06A-4AF5-84B6-4C2BA49203E7.jpeg E75ECBC9-6421-44A9-A81C-7533D0C03BC8.jpeg I picked this up when I was mowing yards in summer time, roading, to my next job.
I never think about asking or showing a jewelry person in the flesh.
On a different post I was interested in actually learning if it was possible to I.D with a pic.
In the process of me taking pic and than reading what was going on there caused my reaction. I apologize.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing to do is buy a diamond tester off the next About $15-$25 and a good investment. They really work. Hope it's real.

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks smoke. I’m going to add that to my list of stuff... that price tag moves it to just in front of any thang else except milk and bread, I will let you know.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat just send it to me i will let you know :) No return ADDRESS NEEDED LOL

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, I was thinking that I will take personal check from you for the difference, trailer trade? I’m sure we’re really close on numbers...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am found similar large stones. Unfortunately, all of mine were junk. I have found diamonds still in rings, however.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Yes, have it checked out to see if it is real. You could also have it checked out to access the clarity and while that is done it is possible to see if it has been laser numbered on the side of face cut. Of course that might be a way of tracking down the possible owner.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the way out of detecting in an old county rodeo site when the morning sun caught a clear stone's flash. It is almost like yours. Back then I didn't have a diamond checker, so I took it to an old jeweler. He taught me one way to tell if it was either a diamond or just a CZ.

If you can find some very small fine print from some old assembly instruction sheets, or found small lettering around old or foreign postage stamps, turn the stone upside down so the facets are facing upward. Slowly move the clean dry stone over the fine print. If you can see the printed letters move as you look through the stone with the help of an ordinary 3X to 5X magnifying glass, it means the stone is most likely a CZ. A diamond's facets reflect so well inside the precious stone, the back view looking through the cut facets is almost impossible to see through.

The one I found was a large CZ. But, because I find 10 times more gold, silver, and some diamonds at garage sales than metal detecting, I bought a battery powered "thermal" diamond tester. It's made by Tri Electronics Inc. and called " DIAMOND PRO DUAL TESTER". It is made to tell the difference between metal setting itself, CZ's, Diamonds, and Moissanite stones. I've never found Moissanite, so far... ;>)

OP
OP
Fat

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bill and thanks for the tip. I’m going to go try that when the sun gets up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions