pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had this now for 40yrs probably now.
CC695A7E-70C0-4AD2-AC40-D9FBE27935F5_1_201_a.jpeg
14K White gold. Small Diamonds on dial.
Just saw this offer for a retro.
20210211_161502.jpg
Looked for the real deal a few times to figure out the value but no luck. So if this retro is worth $3995.00 I now wonder if the white gold is worth the same.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says retro not repro, it is an original. People can ask anything they like, doesn't mean they will get their price.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It says retro not repro, it is an original. People can ask anything they like, doesn't mean they will get their price.

Time to get the eyes checked-your so right. :laughing7:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
It is nice. Happy valentines....
I would make an offer but that style makes my arm look soo skinny...

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is nice. Happy valentines....
I would make an offer but that style makes my arm look soo skinny...

I like thin flat watches, easier hide behind the wrist bone.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its worth some money for sure. It's not a very common Hamilton, as it would have been an expensive top of the line model when it was new. There are some serious Hamilton collectors out there I would think would pay up to have that in their collection. Is the band solid gold? I have this later 1930s Hamilton with a solid white gold case and I value it to around $500. to $600. but I've seen this very model with a radial go to the high $700. range, so I wouldn't be surprised someone might pay as high as $2500. to $3500. for your watch because of its available for sale rarity.

Attachments

• 20210213_092213.jpg
    20210213_092213.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes the band is also marked 14K. I used it for years as a going out watch. Then it became too heavy feeling on the wrist. So I started to wear my Patek Philippe*that has a hammered solid gold band. Then for the look and feel I ended up with my new watch ( 15yrs ago) a wafer thin Baume & Mercier.
20210216_095249.jpg 20210216_095447.jpg

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my old Rolex.. My wife bought this for me as a wedding gift 50+ years ago [52 years together happily now ]. At the time

she paid $300.00 from Birks Jewellers in Victoria [That was a lot of money back then].. But at the time, it was the only watch that

could be used while I was diving and flying.. at least the only reliable watch.

One of the pins in the band finally broke and I took it to a certified watchmaker ..He asked if I wanted to sell it.. I told him no, it was

my wedding gift. He told me that it is worth in the $20,000.00 range.. Still did not care.. I like my watch and the fact that my wife gave it to me..

That is priceless in my mind

Fair winds

Micheal Img_3076.jpg

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like my old Rolex.. My wife bought this for me as a wedding gift 50+ years ago [52 years together happily now ]. At the time

she paid $300.00 from Birks Jewellers in Victoria [That was a lot of money back then].. But at the time, it was the only watch that

could be used while I was diving and flying.. at least the only reliable watch.

One of the pins in the band finally broke and I took it to a certified watchmaker ..He asked if I wanted to sell it.. I told him no, it was

my wedding gift. He told me that it is worth in the $20,000.00 range.. Still did not care.. I like my watch and the fact that my wife gave it to me..

That is priceless in my mind

Fair winds

Micheal View attachment 1903168

Hello Micheal
Thanks for sharing the beautiful watch, it would be a sad day if it was sold.

There's something that I always share: I have and the I had. The have will spark the memories and feelings, the had will spark a distant memory that will probably dim over time.
I have had a lot of past had(s) in life, and so many are now forgotten.

PS: If you ever to chat with the MartyM-say a big hello from Jim-still kind of miss the England hunts with him. Saw a video of him finding a big gold bracelet a few years back now.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lucien Piccard
D0B42339-1867-4F0C-8F7B-B0F6A2B62B3C_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Micheal
Thanks for sharing the beautiful watch, it would be a sad day if it was sold.

There's something that I always share: I have and the I had. The have will spark the memories and feelings, the had will spark a distant memory that will probably dim over time.
I have had a lot of past had(s) in life, and so many are now forgotten.

PS: If you ever to chat with the MartyM-say a big hello from Jim-still kind of miss the England hunts with him. Saw a video of him finding a big gold bracelet a few years back now.

I was the one who arranged that hunt.. there were the 5 of us that were looking.. The moose was the one who

happened to find it.. we all were so happy that Stan got his bracelet back..micheal

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its worth some money for sure. It's not a very common Hamilton, as it would have been an expensive top of the line model when it was new. There are some serious Hamilton collectors out there I would think would pay up to have that in their collection. Is the band solid gold? I have this later 1930s Hamilton with a solid white gold case and I value it to around $500. to $600. but I've seen this very model with a radial go to the high $700. range, so I wouldn't be surprised someone might pay as high as $2500. to $3500. for your watch because of its available for sale rarity.
Nice one, and a quality piece.
I really appreciate older time pieces over the new actually.
Had a self taught family member who was really into picket/wrist watches. Tried to buy the collection from the estate but Sis. Thought it work better selling it off piece by piece.
I got my Hamilton from him in a trade deal of some sort .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread