Paintings by Roger Etienne

stevengugas

Dec 1, 2016
Rixeyville, Va
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased these two paintings from the artist Roger Etienne in 1981 in Hollywood. Just wondering what their worth is today. IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0546_1.JPG IMG_0547_1.JPG

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From 'mutualart.com':

Roger Etienne is a French artist who was born in 1922. Roger Etienne's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging from $30 USD to $531 USD, depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Since 2012 the record price for this artist at auction is $531 USD for Reclining Nude, sold at Brunk Auctions in 2012.

picopa88

Jul 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger Etienne was an artist in every sense of the word. He was a talented impressionist painter, and his works of art can be found all over the world. He first started painting and sketching as a young boy, selling his first drawings on the train, his hobby quickly turned into a passion. He worked with a variety of different mediums, gouache, watercolor, oils, pastel, charcoal, often incorporating French newspapers on his canvases. He often painted landscapes of his hometown of Bruges, images of Parisian love, flowers, nudes, whimsical clowns, and wide eyed children. He is credited to have worked alongside his friend, Pablo Picasso at his workshop.

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I owned them I wouldn't take $1000 each for them. They would look too good on the wall. Hard to put a price on something you enjoy, if you don't need the money! h

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

His works seems a cross over somewhere between Cezanne and early Henri Matisse’s works to the later Picasso era. Definitely heavily influenced by the impressionist area. For me personally some of his works are hot and cold. It seems he pumped out a lot of works for the making a living, somewhat lacking the inspiration he was capable off. I think that is reflected in the price of his works get today.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions