skrymer75

Jan 20, 2015
long island
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe someone has any idea how much it could be worth ??

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maybe someone has any idea how much it could be worth ??

Honestly? I wouldn't have a clue, and with item's of that caliber, I
sure as hell wouldn't trust anybody's WAG by just looking at the pics.

There's three categories that come to mind..first, you've got gold
coins that would be valued based on condition and rareness.

Then you have the jewelry..what metal is it made of, and are
the stones genuine?

Finally, what is the jewelry + coin worth as a single item?

I'd do some research on the coin and jewelry dealers in NYC and
on the Island. Although we are in an age of "never trust anybody",
hopefully you will find dealers that are reputable and knowledgeable.

OP
OP
S

skrymer75

Jan 20, 2015
long island
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the answer, it looks like everything is gold. I checked the stones and it looks like they are diamonds

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the answer, it looks like everything is gold. I checked the stones and it looks like they are diamonds

Their value depends on whether they are real gold coins or not and whether the settings are real gold and the jewels real or not. Do you have any closer up pictures of both sides of them? As is the individual pictures are too small to make out any detail.

Do you have any history on them? How / where they were obtained? Who owned them, who made them?

OP
OP
S

skrymer75

Jan 20, 2015
long island
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that the photos are something difficult to estimate, so I'm trying to find someone who could personally evaluate it. jewelery seems to be made of gold. the coins look real. My friend who inherited it from her grandmother has them, she asked me for help with the valuation because she knows that I buy gold and silver occasionally. but the valuation of this jewelry is beyond my experience ��

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without more detailed pictures (and of course, testing of stones, settings and coins), we can't know their value. Based only on what i can make in the pictures, i get a plated vibe on them and lean towards some sort of costume jewlery.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'm with DizzyDigger and based on all info stated, those are some really nice and valuable pendants. Pay a top jeweler to appraise them.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with DizzyDigger and based on all info stated, those are some really nice and valuable pendants. Pay a top jeweler to appraise them.
This is the best possible way to determine value. Someone may chime in with a name or address of a jeweler you might use in or near NYC, but you should probably just do a little research and find an appraiser nearby with a good reputation.

My only other advice would be to get a second opinion if you're told they're costume jewelry. Especially if the appraiser shows any interest at all in purchasing them.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That's the thing about pro appraiser as they don't offer to purchase. They just do their job.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for a reputable jeweler to take them to. You will get your answer and maybe a valuation.

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture quality is terrible but those are all real gold coins in gold settings. The red stones are garnets. The one missing a stone has a Austria ducat. The one with no stones is a 20 Mark Emperor Wilhelm II Prussia coin. The one with garnet cabochons is a 10 Mark Emperor Wilhelm II Prussia coin. The American coin is a liberty head with diamonds in the bezel. That one will sell for a small premium. Pretty easy to determine the value of the bezels by subtracting the weight of the coins.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need something of measurement to determine size...

Something seems a bit off with the coins...they are in far too good of condition..

There do not appear to be any marks as to the maker, style, or gold content of the jewelry portion...
Better images please
I wish you luck, but before you pay a prof jeweler, I would simply go to a pawn shop and have them check them first...most these days have a pXRF...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I own about 60 or so different gold coins and i can tell you that, AS COINS, their value is diminished by having been set in a pendant setting. However I see nothing in your pictures to suggest they are not genuine. These are very specific and as such hard to value as JEWELRY pieces...it is one of those "what you are willing to pay" things.

DawnNC

Oct 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I need someone who can do a valuation of these items (New York area)
You could try Christie’s in Manhattan. You can send pics at first via email but if they need a closer look you would have to go in. They might say you can mail the items in but I don’t care who it is going to; I wouldn’t mail gold for 100 reasons.

They usually take 3-7 days to get back via email. They are pretty accommodating and at least give info if they can. Possibly an auction estimate if it was something they were interested in selling in their place.
I’ve done this 2 times with weird brass antiques.

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the coins look as if they are not soldered in place, but are maybe held in via being sandwiched between a frame and prong/tab. The Liberty with diamonds looks the most like it may be a more permanent join. If so, the coins may have retained more value. Neat pieces! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread