OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Thanks TreasureTales,

Here's a couple more pictures. The edge looks rolled to me? And I can't find any writing at all on the back. Again, thanks for your input.

Attachments

• buttonback.jpg
    buttonback.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 507
  • buttonside.jpg
    buttonside.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 568
OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Went to that site. Saw a lot of their buttons there, but none with a picture like this one. Sent them a picture earlier, but haven't got a response. Thanks for the info.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
This button is cataloged as McKinley #52 in Hake's Encyclopedia of Political Buttons, Vol. I, and in the most recent (2004) price guide supplement is valued at $55.

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have an original 1900 Republican candidate pin. The price given by some of the members in the $55 range, might be a little high. If the pin was in perfect condition, this would be true, but your picture seems to show a little light staining (foxing) at the noon to one oclock position. This will hurt its' value a little. It is still a nice pin. It's what we in the hobby call a jugate. A jugate pictures 2 different candidates.

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
nebstater said:
You have an original 1900 Republican candidate pin. The price given by some of the members in the $55 range, might be a little high. If the pin was in perfect condition, this would be true, but your picture seems to show a little light staining (foxing) at the noon to one oclock position. This will hurt its' value a little. It is still a nice pin. It's what we in the hobby call a jugate. A jugate pictures 2 different candidates.

Thanks for the information, It's still not too bad as it was in a junque box from a farm auction. If I put it on eBay, what price should I put on it?

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
trusty said:
nebstater said:

Thanks for the information, It's still not too bad as it was in a junque box from a farm auction. If I put it on eBay, what price should I put on it?

Political collectors are pretty savey people. Just start it out at $9.99 and they'll do the rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread