I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2005
    CA
    Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett ProPointer
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE

Well the other day when I posted a link about the finds from a place in the mountains "High Desert Ridgecrest". I also found a piece of "what is it". I kept it with wishful thinking that maybe it was a silver nugget or even a meteorite. Well I went home for lunch and took a magnet off the refer, to check if it would stick and it did. Well when i get home I will post a few pics of it so you can see the size and all. It is small maybe the size of a nickel, but it did stick to the magnet. I will take a few pics of it to post on here for your comments. The outside or crust does slightly resemble silver in some places and there is also a dark red like rust also. I will have to see. If this is a true meteorite I know where I will be heading. If there is one there has to be more. Wish me luck.

After reading all of these guys out here seeing there finds and got me to think about the one rock I kept.
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy."
    President John F. Kennedy

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    73 times

Re: I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE

The magnet test is a good start. Now get it tested for nickle. If positive, then you can start wringing your hands.

TimC
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

us
    Jun 2008
    Lake Country WI.
    MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
    226 times

I found one with my detector back in 1987 it was so cool and you could see the flame streaks burned into it.
    I found a V nickle in the yard at the same day.

us
    Jan 2005
    CA
    33 times

THE PICS Re: I MAY HAVE FOUND A METEORITE

Ok I over exagerated about the size. maybe a dime. Pictures are in and one with a magnet. It is sitting on the side of the magnet. I will try to post better ones again.
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy."

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    73 times

I hate to bust your bubble Kevin, but the pic looks like it is foundry slag. A by-product of molten iron. Sorry.

TimC
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

us
    Jan 2005
    CA
    33 times

Tim, Thanks. Oh well I just was wishing. I still will go back there on the off chance to find more coinage though. Kevin

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links