Post By PBK
Post By River Rat
Jul 20, 2009, 03:58 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ITEMS IN "WHAT IS IT?"
When posting in "What Is It?", please give members the information they need to help identify your find:
1. Post sharp closeup photos of both the front and the back.
2. State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put something with it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.
3. If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in the photos, type them in full in your post.
4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, or other marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, post a closeup or a drawing of them.
5. Indicate the composition of the item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on the back."
• Do not deliberately withhold any information just to "have fun" seeing if members can guess correctly.
• Once your item has been identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."
• Finally, if someone identifies your item or provides other helpful information, take time to post your appreciation— and maybe send a PM to say, "Thanks!" too.
Last edited by River Rat; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Jun 28, 2013, 12:12 PM
Folks, please implement these ideas when posting. Thanks!!
By ScubaFinder in forum HELP!
Last Post: Jan 25, 2015, 01:48 PM
By Treasure_Hunter in forum Coin Roll Hunting
Last Post: Oct 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
By kennedyfan in forum HELP!
Last Post: May 25, 2012, 02:09 PM
By coolpix9 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
Last Post: Jan 03, 2011, 08:40 PM
By Neil in West Jersey in forum General Discussion
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007, 11:05 PM
Search tags for this page
closeup photos of common items
Click on a term to search for related topics.