Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Susie

ANITQUE FURNITURE: WHO is J.H.Stringer LTD, STOURBRIDGE

Does anyone know WHO J.H.Stringer LTD, STOURBRIDGE furnitire is ? I have a piece & can't find reference anywhere-THANK YOU
    Susie

us
    Oct 2006
    Herndon Virginia
    Minelab EX II & Musketeer, White's Classic
    888 times
    From "The Furniture Gazette" published in London in late 1882:

Mr. J. H. Stringer, manufacturing house furnisher, Commercial-buildings, Stourbridge, has just completed his contract for refurnishing, &c, the rooms of the Stourbridge Constitutional Association.
    Hope that helps.

DCMatt
    While I have aimed in my postings to be irenic and conciliatory, rather than polemic, I have yet endeavored to set forth the
    truth, let it favor or impugn whom it might. Any notice of misrepresentations or mistakes occurring in these prose will be most thankfully received
    by the author.

us
    Oct 2006
    Herndon Virginia
    Minelab EX II & Musketeer, White's Classic
    888 times
    From the 1882 Worcestershire Exhibition (Industrial):

Exhibit No. 24.
    Exhibited by Mr. J. H. Stringer, Commercial Bdgs, Stourbridge
    1 Pollard Oak polished Bedroom Suite, including Wardrobe, with bevelled plates, Duchesse Washstand and Toilet Table, with Glass attached, Pedestal, Towel-rail, and 4 chairs, en suite
    2 Bedroom Lounge, and chair upholstered
    3 Polished Oak Sideboard
    DCMatt
    While I have aimed in my postings to be irenic and conciliatory, rather than polemic, I have yet endeavored to set forth the
    truth, let it favor or impugn whom it might. Any notice of misrepresentations or mistakes occurring in these prose will be most thankfully received
    by the author.

us
    Jul 2009
    NW Alabama
    Ace 250
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMurraay View Post
    Gathering antique furniture is regarded as one of the most costly interests that individuals can get into because of the great cost. People who are interested in collecting such furniture need to take the necessary actions that can help them retain the value of their selections.
    This is a spammer. This type of stuff is getting old. No wonder so many members have quit posting here.

us
    Jul 2009
    NW Alabama
    Ace 250
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMurraay View Post
    Gathering antique furniture is regarded as one of the most costly interests that individuals can get into because of the great cost. People who are interested in collecting such furniture need to take the necessary actions that can help them retain the value of their selections.
    Spammer!

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    42 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What language are you trying to interpret into English Frank? And why are we responding to a 6 year old thread that didn't get it's first response 'til 2 days ago, lol!
    Last edited by savant365; Jun 25, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

us
    Feb 2006
    GARRETT PRO
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by savant365 View Post
    What language are you trying to interpret into English Frank? And why are we responding to a 6 year old thread that didn't get it's first response 'til 2 days ago, lol!
    I've noticed a great number of old strings popping up lately...

Somebody is doing house cleaning and disturbing the dust...
    The more one learns the more he understands his ignorance. I am simply an ignor ant man trying to lessen his ignorance
    Those with the most birthdays live the longest

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links