She was only 3 days old. - Page 27
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: She was only 3 days old.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    youtube.com/c/BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    3168 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug N Play View Post
    It looks stamped.
    Notice the offset one ... and the rectangular stress marks, especially seen around the five.

IMO ... this side was presse
    Do you see this token as stamped too? Just asking. Blow it up if you need to see it better. What do you mean by rectangular stress marks? I think the "offset" letter is over influencing some people. Letters are not always perfectly inline with engraving either. Notice how the lettering comes to a point on the corners from the engraving tool? (see my post above) I guess the engraving is not obvious to everybody and may not be apparent in my photos but I can clearly see it under magnification. The token below left is a very good example of the same block letters and they are not stamped. (The second pic right are machine stamped tokens). I will look for a better example for comparison. Thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	love token jo ann hall.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	1729430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	token machine stamped.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	1729464
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jul 04, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

Every artifact has a story, if we're willing to listen

Aug 2017
    Whites V3i & DFX
    1242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    BCH, IMO it is a noble thing to make an effort to return the tag to a family member. I haven't read all the posts but do know that some genealogy research has been done and posted here. While I am an amateur at best, I do know a lot of genealogy records have yet to be indexed and thus not found by a search engine, only by human eye going through an image of each page line-by-line. The good news is, many book images are on-line. The bad news is I think you need to know a locale where she or a relative lived. Also, the eye strain can be overwhelming. Probably someone has already mentioned this, but consider posting on the genealogy page - as someone may have better news. Good luck!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Sponsored Links