Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    us
    Apr 2010
    31

    Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    I found this at a park today, any ideas what it is? It has some marks stamped into the back, but I cant read them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	414877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	414878  

  2. #2

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?


    Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.

  3. #3
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,994
    144 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

    Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.
    Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert .

    Because it's always hammer time

  4. #4

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

    Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.
    Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert .

    Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.

  5. #5
    gb
    Leggo Master of the UK

    Aug 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Goldmaxx Power and Canon 7D and Viagra supplier
    2,994
    144 times
    Metal Detecting and Conservation
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

    Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.
    Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert .

    Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.
    Sort of along the lines of an intaglio?

    Because it's always hammer time

  6. #6

    Mar 2005
    Orlando, FL
    1,097
    10 times

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Didn't someone post one just like this recently? I think they called it a blessing stone or something like that. Nice find!

    vicki

  7. #7

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    Quote Originally Posted by hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

    Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.
    Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert .

    Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.
    Sort of along the lines of an intaglio?

    Yeah it makes sense, and now that I think about it, a few years back I bought a small lot of medallions and think there was one or two that were similar. I'd say that's probably it.

  8. #8

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by vic910
    Didn't someone post one just like this recently? I think they called it a blessing stone or something like that. Nice find!

    vicki

    That could very well be the case too. Made and lost that way! Being marked on the reverse would be in favor of that.

  9. #9
    us
    Apr 2010
    31

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    mystery solved, its an 85 cent pewter prayer token...

    http://www.givecourage.net/images/3315%20angels.jpg

  10. #10
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    17,735
    9951 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by vic910
    Didn't someone post one just like this recently? I think they called it a blessing stone or something like that. Nice find!

    vicki
    Yes but it was made out of stone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryclo
    mystery solved, its an 85 cent pewter prayer token...

    http://www.givecourage.net/images/3315%20angels.jpg
    It feels good to solve your own "Whatsit" doesn't it?

  11. #11
    us
    youtube.com/c/BigCypressSwamp

    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    26,945
    3171 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryclo
    mystery solved, its an 85 cent pewter prayer token...

    http://www.givecourage.net/images/3315%20angels.jpg
    Thats it allright. Good ID ryclo.
    http://www.wellpromo.com/Wholesale/T...oken-21512.htm

    We like to have members post a green check on items solved. Here is a tutorial to help you through that process. Thanks. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,259097.0.html

  12. #12
    us
    Apr 2010
    31

    Re: Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

    Thanks, I just changed it...

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

silver good luck coin

,

silver token marked good luck:

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0