Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Apr 2006
    Middletown, NY
    Ace 250

some kind of tool?

Hello all my friends at Treasurenet.

First off I want to apologize for not being on the site in quite some time. I have been going through a rough patch in my life and it has drained the motivation and enthusiasm for this wonderful hobby right out of me. I am still going through that rough patch but I am gaining the momentum to detect again.

I will be posting a wonderful find in todays finds but I have this wierd item I would like to know if anyone can ID for me. Me and my son were sifting an area at my fave spot that I have detected the heck out of...the ATV trails...and this one area is so full of iron that the detector constantly beeps. Well there is a bunch of pottery pieces also scattered all over this smaller area so I began sifting there. Well on Saturday me and my son were out there sifting and we came up with what I thought at first was another of the MANY square nails that are here but it went into our "save" bucket and made it home. On Sunday I was showing the items to one of my Asst. Scoutmasters and he pulled up this item. He noticed that it was square on the shaft but had a hole going through the end. It looks like some sort of punch to me.
    Can anyone tell me what this was so I can put another label on another unknown item?

Thanks and again I apologize for not staying in the hobby and seeing the wonderful finds you all have found in my absence.

Thanks,

Funkman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punchtop.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	453066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punchside.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	453067  

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    May 2009
    central, Illinois
    white's spectrum VX3
    2 times

Re: some kind of tool?

Sorry to hear about your rough patch man.... I think that looks like a cable guide for atv just a guess
    TRADER OF TREASURES

Jan 2008
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: some kind of tool?

It looks a bit like a leather punch

Sponsors