Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Apr 2006
    Middletown, NY
    AT Pro & Ace 250
    19 times

some kind of tool?

Hello all my friends at Treasurenet.

First off I want to apologize for not being on the site in quite some time. I have been going through a rough patch in my life and it has drained the motivation and enthusiasm for this wonderful hobby right out of me. I am still going through that rough patch but I am gaining the momentum to detect again.

I will be posting a wonderful find in todays finds but I have this wierd item I would like to know if anyone can ID for me. Me and my son were sifting an area at my fave spot that I have detected the heck out of...the ATV trails...and this one area is so full of iron that the detector constantly beeps. Well there is a bunch of pottery pieces also scattered all over this smaller area so I began sifting there. Well on Saturday me and my son were out there sifting and we came up with what I thought at first was another of the MANY square nails that are here but it went into our "save" bucket and made it home. On Sunday I was showing the items to one of my Asst. Scoutmasters and he pulled up this item. He noticed that it was square on the shaft but had a hole going through the end. It looks like some sort of punch to me.
    Can anyone tell me what this was so I can put another label on another unknown item?

Thanks and again I apologize for not staying in the hobby and seeing the wonderful finds you all have found in my absence.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punchtop.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	453066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punchside.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	453067  

May 2009
    central, Illinois
    white's spectrum VX3
    3 times

Re: some kind of tool?

Sorry to hear about your rough patch man.... I think that looks like a cable guide for atv just a guess

Jan 2008
    4 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: some kind of tool?

It looks a bit like a leather punch

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links