Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    us
    Dec 2010
    25

    any info on this button

    I found several of these buttons at an old dump. They are brass, one piece with a loop welded on the back. There is no writing on the back that i can see. Are they military or just regular clothing buttons?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01823-w776-h576.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	486476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01824-w776-h576.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	486477  

  2. #2
    us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    1,957
    631 times

    Re: any info on this button

    Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2010
    25

    Re: any info on this button

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1
    Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.
    They are all the same. I found 6. Perhaps they came off of the same garment.

  4. #4
    us
    Dec 2010
    25

    Re: any info on this button

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1
    Are they all the same? How many did you find? They look like early 1800s civilian flat buttons.
    Probably British made
    CRUSADER, would you have a guess on the age of this button. fyrffytr1 thought maybe early 1800's. Do you also think it could be that old. It is hard to tell from the picture but it is not completely flat, it has kind of a rounded shape. Thankyou both for your input.

  5. #5
    us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    1,957
    631 times

    Re: any info on this button

    I am not a button expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once so I think that I am in the ball park when I say 1820s-30s. Maybe a tad earlier.
    They are probably from the same garment and a real nice find.

  6. #6
    us
    Dec 2010
    25

    Re: any info on this button

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1
    I am not a button expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once so I think that I am in the ball park when I say 1820s-30s. Maybe a tad earlier.
    They are probably from the same garment and a real nice find.
    thankyou for the info fyrffyter1

  7. #7
    us
    Dec 2010
    Wisconsin
    389
    2 times

    Re: any info on this button

    Look about halfway down the page, under "Non-Dug Buttons" :

    "Flower Button: 1 piece, probably early 1800's. Shank present but bent, no back mark. 21 mm"

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/Buttons.htm

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/flrbtnjnsboro.jpg

  8. #8
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    24,061
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

    Re: any info on this button

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenosha Kid
    Look about halfway down the page, under "Non-Dug Buttons" :

    "Flower Button: 1 piece, probably early 1800's. Shank present but bent, no back mark. 21 mm"

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/Buttons.htm

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/flrbtnjnsboro.jpg
    Thats a match on the flower button! Name:  button flower 1 pc.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  3.2 KBName:  button flower 1 pc back.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  2.6 KB

    Kenoshi Kid, you have been a great addition to this forum.

  9. #9
    us
    Mar 2010
    U of A
    1,107
    1 times

    Re: any info on this button

    Same era as livery buttons. Almost 100% sure it is Brit.
    Lucas

  10. #10
    us
    Dec 2010
    25

    Re: any info on this button

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenosha Kid
    Look about halfway down the page, under "Non-Dug Buttons" :

    "Flower Button: 1 piece, probably early 1800's. Shank present but bent, no back mark. 21 mm"

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/Buttons.htm

    http://www.greybirdrelics.com/flrbtnjnsboro.jpg
    Great site and research Kenosha Kid. Thankyou!!

 

 

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3