What is it?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

What is it?

Found this medal in an old box from my uncle. Track medal? What would it be made of? the back is smooth, and says: "W.I. 89".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medal1.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	86786  

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Re: What is it?

Could be Doc. I'm assuming that my uncle was in track. I think it is probably made from some cheap metal. doesn't have any shine.

PBK

May 2005
    211 times

Glad to have you with us, Blurr!

The style of your medal appears fairly similar to that of medals in a couple of c. 1920's-40's catalogs (Norris-Alister Ball Co., 1927; Wallenstein-Mayer Co., 1942.) Older stock (generic) amateur sports medals of this sort were generally offered in bronze, silver plate, gold plate, sterling silver, gold filled, and 10K gold.

Oct 2005
    Charleston S.C.
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by PBK
    Glad to have you with us, Blurr!

The style of your medal appears fairly similar to that of medals in a couple of c. 1920's-40's catalogs (Norris-Alister Ball Co., 1927; Wallenstein-Mayer Co., 1942.) Older stock (generic) amateur sports medals of this sort were generally offered in bronze, silver plate, gold plate, sterling silver, gold filled, and 10K gold.
    PBK, I Picture You Sitting Behind The Main Control Panal At CIA Headquarters, You Are The MAN!!! trk5capt...

Sponsored Links