heavy brass object Solved: Musket furniture
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    us
    Mar 2007
    SE Virginia
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
    1,655
    99 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    heavy brass object Solved: Musket furniture

    any ideas on this one? It looks like it is broken near where the connecting part is.
    The metal on one side looks brushed


    Thanks for any help



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1170.JPG 
Views:	416 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	588008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1171.JPG 
Views:	407 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	588009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1172.JPG 
Views:	408 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	588010  

  2. #2
    us
    I Often Find Myself Killing Time Looking For What Time Has Killed!

    Feb 2009
    Morehead City / Newport NC
    Minelab E-Trac
    3,852
    946 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: heavy brass object

    Not much there but looks like with the wood grain look from the back mounted part it was up against wood for awhile.So to me I'd say gun furniture....but who am I?
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-016F[1].jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	588101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-017F[1].jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	588102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-023F[1].jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	588103  
    Them Colonials​Can't Hide Nowhere Now!

  3. #3

    Re: heavy brass object

    Quote Originally Posted by Timekiller
    Not much there but looks like with the wood grain look from the back mounted part it was up against wood for awhile.So to me I'd say gun furniture....but who am I?
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    agreed, might be a butt plate part but definately gun, I wonder if it was close to the other bit you got, might be more pieces?
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

  4. #4
    us
    Mar 2007
    SE Virginia
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
    1,655
    99 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: heavy brass object

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by Timekiller
    Not much there but looks like with the wood grain look from the back mounted part it was up against wood for awhile.So to me I'd say gun furniture....but who am I?
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    agreed, might be a butt plate part but definately gun, I wonder if it was close to the other bit you got, might be more pieces?
    Nope different field across town. It was right close to where I recently found the rev war button thou.


  5. #5

    Re: heavy brass object

    Quote Originally Posted by BobinSouthVA
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by Timekiller
    Not much there but looks like with the wood grain look from the back mounted part it was up against wood for awhile.So to me I'd say gun furniture....but who am I?
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    agreed, might be a butt plate part but definately gun, I wonder if it was close to the other bit you got, might be more pieces?
    Nope different field across town. It was right close to where I recently found the rev war button thou.

    Still, I think TK nailed it
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

  6. #6
    us
    Mar 2007
    SE Virginia
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
    1,655
    99 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: heavy brass object

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinSouthVA
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Quote Originally Posted by Timekiller
    Not much there but looks like with the wood grain look from the back mounted part it was up against wood for awhile.So to me I'd say gun furniture....but who am I?
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    agreed, might be a butt plate part but definately gun, I wonder if it was close to the other bit you got, might be more pieces?
    Nope different field across town. It was right close to where I recently found the rev war button thou.

    Still, I think TK nailed it
    Agreed, Thanks Pete

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

heavy brass object on to of 3 brass legs

,

heavy brass object on to of 4 brass legs

,

musket furniture

,

muskett furniture

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0