Stone Carved Figure
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

Stone Carved Figure

Hi All,

I found this actually in an antique store - just sitting at the bottom of a .50 cent table... I thought is was really neat - so, i bought it... I can't seem to find anything online about what it could possibly be... But, it appears to be really old... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated... I did my best to take the photos to try to capture the detail. I believe it is stone - I couldn't get the coloring to come out right on the camera - but, appears to have some green in it too... The carved head of a woman - she has on something over her head - cloak maybe - and a snake wrapped around her head Thanks in advance for any assistance. Didn't know where else to go... Thanks...

To show the front in comparison with a quarter so you can see the size.

Just another shot trying to really capture the detail.

The back.

Upclose shot.

Side shot.

Side shot.

Bottom.

Thanks all...

Crystal

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1935 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Stone Carved Figure

Crystal, this is a really neat statue, and the price was even better! I don't know the about your statue, but when I think about 'women & snakes,' several names come to mind like, Eve, Medusa, Cleopatra, and the Minoan Snake Goddess. Of those listed, I'm wondering if it could represent Eve in the of Garden of Eden? Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

My initial thought when I picked her up was - "Eve". She looks medieval to me by her style - but, not sure...

I bought a few other things and the clerk picked it up - looked at it and said "where did you find that?" I said in the bottom of the .50 cent table and he just shrugged and said "you want it?" - like i was crazy or something - lol.. I just thought she was really cool looking and I could tell that she is really old... I hope that I can come up with something to date her.

Thanks all... Much appreciated....

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!!!

us
    Oct 2011
    VENTURA COUNTY, CA
    WHITES EAGLE
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hello jadewhiskey,

It appears to be an Asian, Jade, Figurine. Not sure as to it's meaning with the snake though.

H_S

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    188 times

More inclined to go with Breezie. Eve was my first thought too. Has the look of a chess piece or game counter to me.

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1935 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dano Sverige
    More inclined to go with Breezie. Eve was my first thought too. Has the look of a chess piece or game counter to me.
    BINGO! Here's the queen! WTG Dano Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Sponsored Links