Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What the.......? From Friend of Friend - I have no idea what they are.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    875 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    They usually slip up somewhere but they are getting better. For example I remember the antique steamer trunk of WWII bonds found in the jungle with the 50 star flag.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

us
    Apr 2012
    ML 4500
    7 times
    Cache Hunting
    Nope, no claim of precious metals that I know of. Email said they tested them and did not know what they were. No request for investors unless it was before or perhaps after I was sent the pictures as a curiousity. No claim of origin other than the old man found them up in the mountains and would not say where.

I know little. I just have picture and a curious nature.

PP

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prairiepup View Post
    Nope, no claim of precious metals that I know of. Email said they tested them and did not know what they were. No request for investors unless it was before or perhaps after I was sent the pictures as a curiousity. No claim of origin other than the old man found them up in the mountains and would not say where.

I know little. I just have picture and a curious nature.

PP
    LOL

#1- They were found in the Phillipines

#2- Your friend was sent an e-mail.

Why do you think they contacted your friend with all these pictures? Why do they want to share this treasure? So far it sounds as if they are reeling you in.

Why didnt they just post them here at TN?
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    I suggest to keep playing along. I did that once and posted the entire conversation here at TN. They always slip up and it makes a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Ill try to back search and find my old thread if anyone is interested.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Im not suggesting that this is not a very interesting item but finding 8000 pounds of it in the Phillipines and receiving this information possibly in an unsolicited email doesnt sound very good. Does your friend know the Phillippino?.

Unfortunately, my platinum thread has been removed. It seems to always revolve around a large amount of an unknown metal.

is this a platinum? This is legit Tungsten but in the end he mentions financing. But still legit

U-8155 ESCO 14HN...???? not enough information which is often the norm

There are many many more but they have all been removed. The WWII trunk was a classic.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: mistakes

us
    Apr 2012
    ML 4500
    7 times
    Cache Hunting
    BCH,

Please do not read anything nefarious in this. I have the emailed photos. I got them months ago. There will be no more info. I will not harass my friend over this. No one is trying to con anybody I know. If the photos are bogus, so be it!

I just thought someone might know what they are.

PP

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    BCH,

Please do not read anything nefarious in this. I have the emailed photos. I got them months ago. There will be no more info. I will not harass my friend over this. No one is trying to con anybody I know. If the photos are bogus, so be it!

I just thought someone might know what they are.

PP
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. Nobody is harassing anybody. I am in no way trying to suggest you or your friend are perpetrating a con. But I am suggesting to be careful because many "unknown metal" cons are coming out of the Phillipines and they are contacting us treasure hunters by email.

Asking tough questions and reading between the lines is all part of the identification process. Withholding any further information will not help.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    They were tested for gold to nickel but no luck
    . Did they test for brass?
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 09:10 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    23a looks uncorroded. But we need to know more info. That doesnt mean you are harassing him. They need to take pics with something for size in the picture. We know they weigh 2 pounds but we dont know the size. We need to know how many metals it was tested for and by what process. There is a way to test the density of the 23a unknown metal someone here may be able to explain the process and you can email back the instructions.

The Jap items look very interesting. I think I said that. Are they brass or are they also an unknown metal?

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    What we have here are pictures of something I have not ran across. These were found up in the mountain but he will not tell us where. In particular,pic 23a is as smooth as can be and weight over 2lb and he's got over 4000. The round egg looking ball is as big as a softball but not heavy at all and he's got close to 200 of them. They were tested for gold to nickel but no luck. The rest of the pics are made of some kind of metal. Take your shot and let me know.

Attachment 626851Attachment 626856Attachment 626855Attachment 626852Attachment 626854Attachment 626853Attachment 626857
    I have decided to start over because I may be confused. Im really trying to help honestly. You need to tell us who sent these emails to you and why? I dont need his name just where he lives (US or Phillipines)? Where did your friend get the pics? (US or Phillipines) What country was the mountain in? (US or Phillipines- This we absolutely need to know). Try to explain the best you can. I shouldnt have to guess or read between the lines..

I also need to know the other answers relating to size, testing and metal type.

You said "there will be no more info" Are you still in touch with your friend? Is he in touch with the Phillipines or are you in touch directly with the Phillipines or is the communication over?
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Maybe some of our experts can offer their opinions, but does this script look like a form of Latin? And it must not be a very dense metal for you to set it on top of a glass table! I will be looking forward to learning about this one...Sub
    It sure does look like Latin. It even appears to say ISTIA which may be a town in Italy. You would think there would be Japanese writing but there was a Nazi Italian Fascist Jap connection in WWII. We really need to know more information on something so interesting especially what country it was found in...

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    23A

Attachment 627100

Here is another shot-

Attachment 627101
    Is that a snake?

I see its a dragon for sure and a heart.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Attachment 627277
    Im just not getting anything off the bar to search and nothing makes sense to me.
    ?1ST1A -------?CDdEtSor8 8jvs or8

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Here is a blowup of the dragon heart. If anyone can ID the symbol above would help.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

us
    Apr 2012
    ML 4500
    7 times
    Cache Hunting
    BCH,

You are responding like a man possessed.

I nor my friend have the original email. Since we knew nothing about the items, we gave up. I am new to this forum and since I had a copy of the pictures, I uploaded it to "What is it?"

I am not nor is anyone I know heading off for a secret search in some mountain. Not going to happen! I have not received any pleas for funds. BTW, I do not need to tell you anything as you so urgently command.

I know nothing else.

I was just curious about the items and wondered what they were. I now wish I had never uploaded them. I did not know someone would go off the deep end over them.

You are getting scary!!

Keep it up and I will contact the admin/moderator. Drop it!!!

PP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors