Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you think it is okay to revive old threads?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8653 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Wow TH Im impressed. I thought nobody was reading this. It seems you are putting in a lot of time work and effort here at the new TN trying to improve and keep everyone happy.

Yea it seems to me that half of the posts are not being marked. But I no longer have time to remind people sorry.
    Thanks Big C, contrary to a few opinions, as always I do try to help as much as possible.

I have presented your ideas to the admins on the Moderator Board, I will let you know status as soon as I hear....

Its not that we don't care, but there are hundreds of posts a day, very hard for us to read them all, plus we get reported posts we have to check out as well as dozens and dozens of new members each day, we check their ips and email address through several programs to weed out spammers.... take the amount of spammers that get through and multiple them by 10 if we were not doing this...

On top of that we also have to moderate and edit the members who insist on breaking the rules with language, politics or inappropriate posts, and then some members quote what they posted which then has to be edited as well...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    875 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    There is no way you guys can read every post.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    875 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius98 View Post
    No interest can be because no one knew what it was at the time, and the post sunk to oblivion.
    If I see something that will help solve an old item, I will search out the old thread.

us
    Feb 2006
    Castle Shannon, PA
    Whites MXT
    15 times
    I think its a great idea. I have revived two threads in particular, at least twice, yet they remain unsolved. I will have to dig them up again...

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiros32 View Post
    I think its a great idea. I have revived two threads in particular, at least twice, yet they remain unsolved. I will have to dig them up again...
    I'm going through the archives from 2003-2012.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

us
    Melissa

Aug 2005
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
    78 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I think its a great idea! And I find this an interesting thread

us
    Oct 2009
    1907 times
    If you are solving an unsolved seems fine. The problem with necro-posting is that most of the time it's just some random post that someone want's to add a smily face reply or other inane reply to someone who no longer is a member.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    If you are solving an unsolved seems fine. The problem with necro-posting is that most of the time it's just some random post that someone want's to add a smily face reply or other inane reply to someone who no longer is a member.
    Yes that is a problem. I only put replies that are important. If I am confirming what other people said, I will not post, but PM the person.
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

us
    Apr 2010
    Breckentucky MI
    Garrett Ace 250
    28 times
    Dredge up a post if you know what it is, not because you think someone else might.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by daroofa View Post
    Dredge up a post if you know what it is, not because you think someone else might.
    Ok, thank you. That's what I will do from now on. I will still reply if I have a slight idea about the object.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    632 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    First 100 pages looked at already, but I will be doing hardly any reviving for the next two weeks.

Jun 2012
    Cackalacky
    arrr, just need me nose
    83 times
    Prospecting
    While suggestions are being made, I have a suggestion for the Please Read Before Posting Items in "What Is It?" sticky:

- Please include the type of object or a very brief description of the unidentified piece in the the subject line (coin, rock, small metal thing, rusted artifact, possible stone tool, strange goo, small aluminum ring with tearshaped attachment, etc.)

I know the wording could be improved, but believe you get the basic idea....

Most recent posts already adhere to this, but the ones which don't get annoying after I've clicked on them for the umpteenth time.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors