Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: found this what is it

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    i will be taking the items tommorow to a place,i will post the results then never use this sight again since this sight is full of skeptics and *******s

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Aug 2011
    Maine
    Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    i will be taking the items tommorow to a place,i will post the results then never use this sight again since this sight is full of skeptics and *******s
    Don't bother posting the results because I'm pretty sure we would be skeptical of it.

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    and who is dealing with a bunch of 12 year olds?

Jun 2006
    23 times
    Jeff, I can give you 2 examples as to how modern iron can be so corroded. Iron buried where there is coal or coal ashes is very corrosive. I have dug up iron that has been buried for only 90 years in coal and they were all rust and practically no metal. Iron that sits in a damp area gets very rusty in a short time. Very rusty metal does not mean it is centuries old. Am I the only one that thinks this discussion is very entertaining? I would hate to see it disappear.

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    well ill be bringing the drift to a place tommorow, ill find out what it is then thanks for the comment , but once again ill let everyone know the results i got

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    all rust , that looks like all rust the one with the spike through it?

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    744 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Im sorry if I offended any TN members. I reread my post and it didnt sound right. I just meant that if you are following this thread, please voice your opinion. Because ignoring this thread will not help. Thanks. TN members are the best.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbercamp View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this discussion is very entertaining? I would hate to see it disappear.
    Its entertaining and it seems to just get better and better but its just not right to allow this nonsense to continue. But Im willing to play along if you think it will help? The artifacts kinda resemble petrified Roman poop.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; May 08, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    744 times
    It started out as a joke but after a little research, the joke is on me. Here is a study on petrified Roman poop. Its also magnetic from all the iron in spaghetti sauce. ANCIENT, PETRIFIED POOP VERY REVEALING: History and Crime Liaison | Foodsite Magazine

archaeologists sift through tons of 2,000-year-old excrement

Sea urchins, dormice and figs: Romans¿ rich diet revealed after archaeologists sift through tons of 2,000-year-old excrement | Mail Online

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poop.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	633710
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; May 08, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    I dont think they are poop......

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    they do resemble these though......

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    1925 times
    ELECTROLYSIS. Please read this thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...fter-pics.html
    Jeff- no one is trying to belittle you, although a few may be a little harsh in their replies. I don't think "this sight is full of skeptics and *******s" (as you put it) although there may be a few, as with any public forum. When you let them get to you, they win. You came here asking for help, not the other way around. Opinions and educated guesses have been given. Your own opinion has also been received. There are many people on this site who have been digging up rusty iron relics for decades, they base their opinions upon personal experience. It's not just something they pull out of thin air. The only way to truly know what these pieces of rust are is to clean them using electrolysis, period. Whether Roman or 1980 (yes 1980), it needs to be done. Ask those you are bringing it to tommorrow, they will tell you the same thing. Both soil and environmental conditions affect iron in different ways. The same object can look adversly different depending on where/how it was found.

Scroll down to reply #112 to see another amazing restoration using electrolysis- 1840-1860 era Antique Photo Portrait- Restoration COMPLETE! - 6 March
    Jeff likes this.
    “Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked”
    ―Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

“Dubium sapientiae initium"
    -
    René Descartes

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    Pretty amazing how it transformed the gun!! thanks for the info will try ELECTROLYSIS myself on some of these items, as for 1980s i dont think so , but once again thanks for the comment Jeff............

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    ELECTROLYSIS. Please read this thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...fter-pics.html
    Jeff- no one is trying to belittle you, although a few may be a little harsh in their replies. I don't think "this sight is full of skeptics and *******s" (as you put it) although there may be a few, as with any public forum. When you let them get to you, they win. You came here asking for help, not the other way around. Opinions and educated guesses have been given. Your own opinion has also been received. There are many people on this site who have been digging up rusty iron relics for decades, they base their opinions upon personal experience. It's not just something they pull out of thin air. The only way to truly know what these pieces of rust are is to clean them using electrolysis, period. Whether Roman or 1980 (yes 1980), it needs to be done. Ask those you are bringing it to tommorrow, they will tell you the same thing. Both soil and environmental conditions affect iron in different ways. The same object can look adversly different depending on where/how it was found.

Scroll down to reply #112 to see another amazing restoration using electrolysis- 1840-1860 era Antique Photo Portrait- Restoration COMPLETE! - 6 March
    He believes his drift like item is valuable and nothing anybody says will ever change his mind.

If anyone has belittled him, he certainly deserves it because he has done nothing but belittle this forum. Maybe you havent been following these 4 or 5 threads from the beginning. He has been rude to anyone that has taken any time to help him. And he could care less what you have just tried to tell him.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; May 08, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    not at all it is a unique and possibly one of a kind drift thankyou!! as qouted from an blacksmith expert......
    Last edited by Jeff; May 08, 2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: add more info

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    and the drift does not need ELECTROLYSIS. as you can see......

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    not true at all i have been very pleasent with my responses and do appreciate everyones opinions , Jeff

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    not at all it is a unique and possibly one of a kind drift thankyou!! as qouted from an blacksmith expert......
    Doesnt make it valuable and doesnt make it Roman Viking or Medievel. Value $2-$10
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; May 08, 2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Its entertaining and it seems to just get better and better but its just not right to allow this nonsense to continue. But Im willing to play along if you think it will help? The artifacts kinda resemble petrified Roman poop.
    When I get back from the pub, I love catching up
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    Apr 2012
    Torrington
    2 times
    if it is a blacksmiths drift very unique and possibly one of a kind, it is very valuable to people who collect those sort of things i say, and probally worth more then $2.00 to that collector or collectors..............

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsors