Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2010

Question Metal Plates?

Howdy. I found these at a rummage sale last week but have been unable to determine what they are. It's more of a metal covering or thin plate with either painted on or some sort of ceramic painted then put onto the metal or some other material, again, I am not sure in the least, I can't even say they are "plates". They measure 5 3\4 in. diameter and about 1\8 in thick. The best pics I could get here, sorry and thank you all in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tcch.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	644945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tcch2.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	369.0 KB 
ID:	644946

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    39 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Is there any marks on the back or something like Bradford or Franklin mint?

us
    Jun 2010
    Sorry, there are no other markings. However, upon closer inspection of markings, I noticed this is more of a printed on type picture, onto a circular wooden backing which has a thick black layer of paint "which at first seemed to be a very thin tin but in fact, isn't. I am also beginning to think these are reprints that simply sold as wall hangings, old but probably worth 10 cents at best. Although I hope not.

May 2012
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    the artist as you can guess is a chinese artist by the name of T.C. Chiu, and will add a page about him and his artwork momentarily. He did do some printing and watercolor, so i cannot say what you have is not legit, or whether it is a repro someone made. But his artistry is amazing, and very beautiful. Very unique in any regards on what you purchased. I'd hang on to them, just in case.

Cypress Fine Art Licensing

May 2012
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    the artist as you can guess is a chinese artist by the name of T.C. Chiu, and will add a page about him and his artwork momentarily. He did do some printing and watercolor, so i cannot say what you have is not legit, or whether it is a repro someone made. But his artistry is amazing, and very beautiful. Very unique in any regards on what you purchased. I'd hang on to them, just in case.

Cypress Fine Art Licensing

oh, and this is his official site: Official T C Chiu - Original Oil Paintings & Watercolor Paintings - Landscapes & Still Lifes & Florals for Sale - Tan Chun Giclee prints

Good luck!!

us
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the replies. I believe they are first prints but not original paintings of course "I wish they were". I wasn't really interested in the frame housing that holds them, assuming someone put them in there but after studying them, I'm thinking these were made to go into the octagon frames. It has a number on the inner wood backing # 14 and rscn on the outer frame. Other than that, and the site posted above, I've no clue.

Again, thank you Savant and DeeDee, much appreciate the assistance.

Paul

Sponsors