Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tags

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Tags

    Any ideas on these two, I'm guessing tags of some sort?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4246424074.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	649338  

  2. #2

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is the backs. On the right says Bastian Bros. Richester NY.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3359984082.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	649339  

  3. #3
    us
    Aug 2008
    531
    11 times
    ...The one on the left is a Tool Tag....the other one on the right is a watch fob....Joe

  4. #4
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

    Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    3,046
    825 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The one on the right is a definitely a watch fob, Bastian Bros is still in business. No idea on the monogram though.....
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

    Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

  5. #5

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe(TX) View Post
    ...The one on the left is a Tool Tag....the other one on the right is a watch fob....Joe
    On the bottom of the tool tag it says W. & B. B. Would you know what that stands for. I searched the net and came up with nothing. Or it could read W. & R. R.? Thanks

  6. #6

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    The one on the right is a definitely a watch fob, Bastian Bros is still in business. No idea on the monogram though.....
    The watch fob monogram has a crown on the top with GBU in it and then DUB on the bottom. I have searched everywhere
    and can't find what this is? Thanks!

  7. #7
    us
    Oct 2006
    Herndon Virginia
    Minelab EX II & Musketeer, White's Classic
    4,253
    864 times
    G B U stands for "Greater Beneficial Union" or German Beneficial Union.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJHJBoE+Nwd,lEcBP2i23fdsQ~~60_57.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	969.4 KB 
ID:	649476

    D B U stands for Deutscher Unterstützungs-Bund - a fraternal organization started in 1892.

    DCMatt
    Gunrunner61 likes this.
    While I have aimed in my postings to be irenic and conciliatory, rather than polemic, I have yet endeavored to set forth the
    truth, let it favor or impugn whom it might. Any notice of misrepresentations or mistakes occurring in these prose will be most thankfully received
    by the author.

  8. #8

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DCMatt View Post
    G B U stands for "Greater Beneficial Union" or German Beneficial Union.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJHJBoE+Nwd,lEcBP2i23fdsQ~~60_57.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	969.4 KB 
ID:	649476

    D B U stands for Deutscher Unterstützungs-Bund - a fraternal organization started in 1892.

    DCMatt
    Thanks for the information DCMatt.

  9. #9
    us
    Feb 2011
    Western PA.
    F75 AT Pro Gold Infinium
    215
    53 times
    Relic Hunting
    The one on the left looks like the many coal tags that I have found. The number was given to miner and when he 'filled a cart', he would attach it to that cart and then it was sent to daylight. He then would be credited with that load.

  10. #10

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPA View Post
    The one on the left looks like the many coal tags that I have found. The number was given to miner and when he 'filled a cart', he would attach it to that cart and then it was sent to daylight. He then would be credited with that load.

    That makes alot of sense living in the heart of the coal region. Anything with the letters on the bottom...either W. & B. B. or W. & R. R? Thanks for the info.

  11. #11
    us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    2,964
    448 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Matt! you always amaze me with your knowledge..........


    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

  12. #12
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    24,061
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

  13. #13

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks for the info but if you click on the picture,( to enlarge it) it has the number 340 in the middle. Could this be a tool tag for this company. It doesn't appear to be a token. Thanks again for the reply!

  14. #14
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    24,061
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrs2 View Post
    Thanks for the info but if you click on the picture,( to enlarge it) it has the number 340 in the middle. Could this be a tool tag for this company. It doesn't appear to be a token. Thanks again for the reply!
    Your welcome. Yes I realize its not a token and yes I see the 340 stamped. . Yes I agree its a tool tag or coal tag. I posted the token because it may be the same company and I was not able to find a tool/coal tag from this company.. Did you find it near the Ohio River in West Virginia or the Kentucky region?? You may want to research this bridge company.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 30, 2012 at 03:18 PM.

  15. #15

    Mar 2012
    97
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Your welcome. Yes I realize its not a token and yes I see the 340 stamped. . Yes I agree its a tool tag or coal tag. I posted the token because it may be the same company and I was not able to find a tool/coal tag from this company.. Did you find it near the Ohio River in West Virginia or the Kentucky region?? You may want to research this bridge company.
    I found this in the coal region of eastern pa...thanks again!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] 1800s tags? they are dog tags !!!!!
    By grimroofer in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2013, 05:23 PM
  2. 54 & 55 tags
    By rmbutcher4 in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
  3. 1876 to 1885 hawaiian tags??? solved there dog tags
    By grimroofer in forum Tokens & Tags
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
  4. Anyone know tags? Poss. RR Tags maybe? Any suggestions?
    By michigan michael in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 10:16 AM
  5. old tags
    By tokens70 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2009, 10:20 AM

Search tags for this page

crowned gbu over dbu
,

wheeling bridge token

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3