Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Catobra

Thread: Need help on this?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2007
    Tennessee

Question Need help on this?

ok, this is a old photo frame that i had picked up about 20 years ago when i had taken some garbage off to the dump. a guy was throwing away a bunch of his dead relatives things and he let me have this photo frame and a bunch of other little what nots and all. let me explain how this thing is made.

it is entirely made of chalk, some of it broke off a little and it was all chalk. it is a photo of a lady or queen not sure if its queen elzibeth ot antonete or ? it shows her wearing a ywellow earing. i have a photo and will upload it here. i have searched all over the internet but not found anything at all like it, so if anyone an hel-p me out on who this is or what it might be worth please do contact me or post here thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full image of antique.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	658856
    Last edited by white dove; Jul 29, 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: oops forgot the photo lol

us
    Apr 2007
    Tennessee
    here is the back of it and a close up photo. there is no name nor even a date on it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close up of antique.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	658859Name:  back of antique.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  13.9 KB

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I believe that it is a chalkware plaque with a Greek or Roman woman. I also looked all over and could find nothing like it. It could be from the depression era or newer.....when I was a kid I went to summer camp (early 70's) where in arts & crafts class we could choose from tons of these to paint. Of course I have no idea if this one was one that we could choose from!
    austin likes this.
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Apr 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Catobra View Post
    I believe that it is a chalkware plaque with a Greek or Roman woman. I also looked all over and could find nothing like it. It could be from the depression era or newer.....when I was a kid I went to summer camp (early 70's) where in arts & crafts class we could choose from tons of these to paint. Of course I have no idea if this one was one that we could choose from!

thanks. if you find out anything please let me know? i wonder what it would be worth if anything?

gb
    Aug 2009
    SWEDEN
    (on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
    179 times
    Has that "Greek" look and probably a holiday souvenir.Many holiday destinations make all kind of things from chalk as souvenirs. Not worth much. In the "what someone's willing to pay for it" catagory i'd say. It may also have originally been a pair, with the male half long gone.

Sponsors