Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: TREASURE?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAYBE

0 0%
  • YES

6 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
    avdan

what do you think?? TREASURE???

hello people, these items have been found by myself using S.ELITE(Mine lab).

let me know,if you like them, ı am gonna post more.! ı really do not ,if they are valuable or not but ı am sure they are too old, even older than usa history. lol. its also so fun. really enjoy it.

well, have a great day and may god bless all of you.!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown coins.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	104106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown coins 2.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	104107  

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    206 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: what do you think?? TREASURE???

Cool finds!

us
    DG

Mar 2006
    Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
    Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Wow! Very nice! I dint know much about early coinage, but those look in great condition. What country? I am thinking Mediterranean area.
    DG
    Please look at my museum website.....      louisianahistorymuseum.org
    My playtoy site:  genius-antiques.com

avdan

yeah thank you, you are right, closed to mediterranean. inner anatolia,closed to city:ISTANBUL.

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    46 times

Now we need your story of these finds.Very nice ...thanks for sharing...I am an 1812 lover myself ,but like to see all the other era finds and coins from them also.
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

avdan

YOU ARE VERY WELLCOME GYPSYHEART.! ITS MY PLEASURE SHARING THESE.
    STORY IS TOO LONG ,İT İS JUST STARTED MEETING BY CHANCE. I BOUGHT A DEDECTOR AND STILL KEEP DEDECTING. ITS MY HOBBY AND ITS VERY ADVENTOROUS HOBBY. I LIKE IT. I AM ALSO COLLECTIONER.
    THESE ALSO CAN GIVE YOU SOME IDEA ABOUT EUROPEAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN HISTORY.!! CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW OLD THAT AREA
    BYE FOR NOW.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I found a few answers for you... see my picture below, and I think the site may help with a few others!

The information came from:

http://esty.ancients.info/numis/intro2.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coin1.JPG 
Views:	399 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	104155  

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

And... try this link to see if you think this is a match to your coin listed above... the strike is off but I think It's close.

http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/sb/sb1823.t.html

Attached Images Attached Images  

JDSCOIN

Hello,

Someone else had already replied regarding the Byzantine coins. From the images that I have seen here, you have ancient Roman coins and Byzantine coins (actually, the Byzantine items may be a mix or combination of coins and/or lead 'seals').

I'll take a better look at the images to see if I can see any that may be rare or otherwise noteworthy. Perhaps if you can post photos which are larger so as to show more detail you may get better or more accurate information about them. They appear to be in fairly good condition for the most part. So that's a "plus" or a good thing. Happy hunting!

JDSCOIN

JDSCOIN

Hello AvDan,

I took another look at the coins. It is hard to tell much specifically about each of them due to the fact that so many of them are crammed into one picture (or two). Try taking pictures of them individually. And as I said, they do appear to be in fairly good condition (that is, you are able to make out some lettering for identification on many of them).

However, the light too, is glaring on them so that makes it hard to see the lettering. Maybe you can do something about that when you take more/better pictures. But there is also another problem. They appear to be mostly copper coins, and of course, they have some pitting. That makes it hard to be certain of some of the letters as well (especially when combined with the glare).

So, what you may do is to dab on a thin coat of oil to the coins that are copper and show pitting. Remove any excess oil. You only want it there to help take away from the 'ashy' areas on the pitted coins. But the oil may also cause some glare. So, you may need to be aware of that when taking pictures of those coins.

I think that I was able to see a Follis of Diocletian (a follis is a denomination of ancient coin). And it also looks like you have an Antoninianus (another denomination of ancient coin) of Claudius 'Gothicus' II. Both are fairly common, but even otherwise common ancient coins may be worth a bit more in higher grade or better condition. Just a few tips that you may be able to use when taking and posting pictures of these coins. I hope that it helps. Kind regards,

JDSCOIN

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Agreed JD... I was a little reluctant to commit to an identification on most of them because of a lack of detail.

But having said that, he has some nice stuff and I look forward to seeing more.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    1292 times

Greetings Avdan - COOL finds, and ANY ancient coin find is a treasure! Just think how long those beauties have been lying in the ground! Congratulations, hope you find LOTS more! Good luck and good hunting!
    Roy A. Decker ~ Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors