Bazooka...... Need a bit of help here.....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    As your attorney, I advise you to try the chili burger. It's a hamburger, with chili on it...

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    several, mostly Garrett
    4096 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Bazooka...... Need a bit of help here.....

Well it's not quite a bazooka, but the concept is the same. It's a line thrower and used a rocket to fire a rope from ship to ship, or ship to shore, or wherever they needed to get a rope to. Picked it up a local junk shop a while back.

What I need is some research help here, and any help with a translation of the tag on it. I can't find one like this anywhere online. I found a few by the same maker, but they were completely different. If anyone can help find a picture, or other information on the rocket it used that would be great.

I'd like to make a model rocket launcher out of it for a little Fourth of July fun, maybe launch fire works or something.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1957.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	730995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1956.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	730996
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    As your attorney, I advise you to try the chili burger. It's a hamburger, with chili on it...

Jan 2011
    several, mostly Garrett
    4096 times
    And now that I've looked at the picture on my screen I realize that the top of the tag and the bottom probably say the same thing.... Duh..... Still I'm at a loss here of where to even try to look for more info.....
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    5561 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    My first thought about that item was: can you convert it into a potato gun?

us
    Jan 2013
    Delaware / SoDel
    Garrett At Pro (for now)
    122 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow, I wonder what the ATF is gonna say? And for God's sake man, don't let a a copper chopper see you outside with that thing. But I did find this LINE THROWING APPARATUS SEIWA S-II it appears to be the same manufacturer, and an S type. Maybe you can fire off (no pun intended)an email and get some specs to compare bore diam. and relevant info. But FYI, even a spud gun needs BATFE approval nowadays. I'd be real careful about that.

us

Jan 2011
    several, mostly Garrett
    4096 times
    I'm thinking if nothing else I can rig it with an air tank and shoot racquet balls with it to annoy the dog......

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links