[SOLVED] What were these crest things?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cdsieg
  • 1 Post By Breezie

Thread: What were these crest things?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Dec 2012
    South Dakota
    566
    198 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    What were these crest things?

    These were found in an attic by a friend. I'm thinkin maybe just lamp deco. Anyone seen this design? They are brass and maybe painted at some time. Not sure what these thing are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What izit 004.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	748804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What izit 003.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	316.9 KB 
ID:	748803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What izit 001.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	748801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What izit 002.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	748802  
    Ya went an dunnit that time pilgrim!

  2. #2

    Nov 2012
    Stafford,Virginia
    Fisher 1266x and a shovel
    2,849
    1285 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    what does the back of those look like? I may have an idea if u can get a picture of the back. thanks

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2012
    South Dakota
    566
    198 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by HutSiteDigger View Post
    what does the back of those look like? I may have an idea if u can get a picture of the back. thanks
    The back is identical to the front Hut, actually I don't think there is a "back". They are well made things, whatever they were for. Thanks for any help.
    Ya went an dunnit that time pilgrim!

  4. #4
    gr
    Nov 2010
    967
    556 times
    A wild guess: tablecloth weights?

  5. #5
    us
    Cindy

    Mar 2011
    WI
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
    1,014
    121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopilot View Post
    The back is identical to the front Hut, actually I don't think there is a "back". They are well made things, whatever they were for. Thanks for any help.
    They can't be exactly alike... the hook would be facing the other direction! LOL
    Paleopilot likes this.

  6. #6
    us
    Dec 2012
    South Dakota
    566
    198 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsieg View Post
    They can't be exactly alike... the hook would be facing the other direction! LOL
    Oops! you're right Cindy, The reverse is the same, the castings are symmetrical. What do you suppose they were?
    Ya went an dunnit that time pilgrim!

  7. #7
    us
    Cindy

    Mar 2011
    WI
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
    1,014
    121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopilot View Post
    Oops! you're right Cindy, The reverse is the same, the castings are symmetrical. What do you suppose they were?
    I use humor when wisdom and knowledge are lacking! I have no idea!!! LOL

  8. #8
    us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    6,251
    2058 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by yaxthri View Post
    A wild guess: tablecloth weights?
    I agree it is some type of weight, but most of the tablecloth weights I've seen had a spring loaded clip to attach it to the cloth. These have no way of attaching to the fabric. My thoughts would be a weight that already has a pull-string or pull chain on it, like a window shade, ceiling fan, or ceiling light/lamp. Since there are 7 of them, all alike, and it would hook with the crest showing, I'm going with a window shade pull. Of course the one below is not like yours, but the idea is the same.
    http://www.rubylane.com/item/574500-...-Cast-Iron-Set

    Breezie
    Last edited by Breezie; Feb 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Paleopilot likes this.
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

  9. #9
    us
    Dec 2012
    South Dakota
    566
    198 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie View Post
    I agree it is some type of weight, but most of the tablecloth weights I've seen had a spring loaded clip to attach it to the cloth. These have no way of attaching to the fabric. My thoughts would be a weight that already has a pull-string or pull chain on it, like a window shade, ceiling fan, or ceiling light/lamp. Since there are 7 of them, all alike, and it would hook with the crest showing, I'm going with a window shade pull. Of course the one below is not like yours, but the idea is the same.
    Antique Victorian Cast Iron Set Painted Window Shade Pull Weights from north2southantiques on Ruby Lane

    Breezie
    Thanks Breezie! That's gotta be it.
    Ya went an dunnit that time pilgrim!

  10. #10
    us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    6,251
    2058 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopilot View Post
    Thanks Breezie! That's gotta be it.
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
  2. Ring crest ID
    By jopher in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
  3. Badge or crest?
    By celtex in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 19, 2011, 08:52 AM
  4. Crest ring ?
    By vickilynn in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
  5. recognize this crest?
    By ashlee1228 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2008, 10:57 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0