Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......???????????????????????? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fumbles

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????

Who would copy that? Bronze isn't something Joe Sixpack casts in his backyard.

Aug 2006
    TN
    Tesoro Umax
    1 times

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????

that was what I was thinking. Who would copy such a thing. I know for sure that this schoolhouse hasn't been used since the 40's or so. It dates back to the EARLY 1900's. Who would have tried to make copies, I doubt Doc Savage produced any copies. What do you think?

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????

Get that thing authenticated and graded! Greta find!
    Finder of Things!

May 2006
    Seacoast, New Hampshire

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????

Wow! Sounds like a potentially amazing find! Definitely have it authenticated and please keep us posted.

Congrats!

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Dual Field PI, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    698 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

WOW...Some great news! Here is some more info from the web on the Doc Savage award :

"premiums like the Doc Savage Club bronze lapel badge and Doc Savage Award bronze medallion (which can sell at auction for $325 and $5000 respectively). The Doc Savage Club also offered a neat rubber stamp of the Man of Bronze, which can sell for as much as $275 today"

The webpage is gone, but you may be able to visit it here: http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=3

Charter Member

May 2005
    207 times

Phenomenal find, Capgun!

The latest Hake's price guide values it at $500, Good; $2,000, Fine; $4,000, Near Mint.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9871 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by capgun
    that was what I was thinking. Who would copy such a thing. I know for sure that this schoolhouse hasn't been used since the 40's or so. It dates back to the EARLY 1900's. Who would have tried to make copies, I doubt Doc Savage produced any copies. What do you think?
    Me thinks you should get it graded! Great find,probably a spectacular find! Maybe original,won't know till you get it authenticated.One way or the other it needs to be done.Keep us updated please! 8)

us
    Digaholic

Sep 2006
    Lone Star State
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Dig.For.Food
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil in West Jersey
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the original award was embossed in bronze. Yours looks like it may be a facsimile. Do you know if it is bronze?

Below is a picture of the original. As you can see it is slightly different and looks like it has significant weight. I am not an expert in this field and I hope that I am wrong.

If you think it is legitimate, I recommend having the piece graded by the proffessional grading service, NGC. There is a link on the Collectors Society homepage with instructions on how to submit. Signing up for the Collectors Society is free. Here is the link: http://www.collectors-society.com/about_cs.asp

Please keep us posted!
    bubble burster.....
    I take that back.
    My detector is a needle finder; The world is my haystack.
    =====================================
    Think with a clear conscience or you will not be able to speak with one.
    ==============================================

us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    561 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Cool find!

HH

us
    Mar 2005
    central Indiana
    3 times

Thats very cool! I wonder how many were actually handed out? I am guessing from the location it was found that its the real McCoy. Congrats on a great find.
    White's DFX, 6000 di

us
    Dec 2006
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Garrett ACE 250
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Wow, i got chills from reading that, i cant wait to buy my detector and start!

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Damn capgun!!!!

AWESOME!!!

May 2005
    SW Missouri
    Whites DFX

Thats a great find WTG...

ATTENTION Missouri Treasure Hunters
    You need to join 417 Relic Hunters!
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,29584.0.html

us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    125 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WOW!! That's incredible! Please tell us what you find out and if you are willing to part with it!

Happy Hunting,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

Remember to take a walk in the shoes of a loser! Quote by Moonshadow 2/17

us
    Mar 2007
    central ohio
    MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
    15 times
    Metal Detecting

listed in Hakes price guide to toys,the 1998 edition with 3 prices 500,2500,3500.
    teverly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links