Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aug 2006
    TN
    Tesoro Umax
    1 times

Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????

Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know.
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doc1.JPG 
Views:	1646 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	109142  

us
    Digaholic

Sep 2006
    Lone Star State
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????

Neat find. I sent you a link. http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/sc...ai=2278&si=126
    http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/sc...ai=2255&si=124

According to this article there are less than 10 known to exist. I would write these people and send them a picture of your find. If they are right about the number, then, you have a truly rare and amazing find.

Laater...
    My detector is a needle finder; The world is my haystack.
    =====================================
    Think with a clear conscience or you will not be able to speak with one.
    ==============================================

us
    Oct 2006
    Whites XLT
    19 times

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????

The Doc Savage Award was a gorgeous medal charm given by Doc Savage Magazine to those who exemplified the virtues of Service, Loyalty and Integrity. The magazine, which ran from 1933 - 1949, decided that good deeds both large and small should be honored, and that those who made “the most of their opportunities” should not go unrecognized. They wanted to give appropriate credit to those who, like Doc Savage, were dedicated to helping people in need and to upholding justice at all costs. But unlike other similar medals of honor that were given to promote superheroes that believed in the same virtues, the Doc Savage Award was particularly meaningful. See, there was no magic behind Doc's heroic acts. His strength and heroism came solely from his own determination, quick thinking and self-discipline. As you'll recall from last week, Doc spent 2 hours every day in exercise and training, and he faithfully practiced meditation to keep his body and spirit sharp. Through research and consistent study, he kept his mind in shape as well. And, he strictly adhered to the Doc Savage Creed, which, among other things, stated that he “do right to all, and wrong no man.” All of this gave a human aspect to the Doc Savage Award that other awards just didn't have.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doc.jpg 
Views:	1881 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	109143
    Tuolumne County Incident Feed
    http://incidentfeed.com

Aug 2006
    TN
    Tesoro Umax
    1 times

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????????

only 10 exist in the world!

What is the value of this award?

us
    Digaholic

Sep 2006
    Lone Star State
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by capgun
    only 10 exist in the world!

What is the value of this award?

Did that flip your lid?! I know it flipped mine!! Not sure how much it is worth.

Sep 2006
    Maine
    White's M6 & Prizm III
    31 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Neat find...and if only 10 exist, I would say it may be a very valuable find as well....Congrats!!!!
    So many promising sites to detect...so little time....

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    52 times

Re: Found at old one room schoolhouse a few years ago.......????????????????????

dude you so suck! killer find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    (kind of looks like hitler *snicker*)
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

Aug 2006
    TN
    Tesoro Umax
    1 times

yea it did, sounds like this award wasn't handed out to just anybody.
    thanks for the info.

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Dual Field PI, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    701 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I hate to burst your bubble, but the original award was embossed in bronze. Yours looks like it may be a facsimile. Do you know if it is bronze?

Below is a picture of the original. As you can see it is slightly different and looks like it has significant weight. I am not an expert in this field and I hope that I am wrong.

If you think it is legitimate, I recommend having the piece graded by the proffessional grading service, NGC. There is a link on the Collectors Society homepage with instructions on how to submit. Signing up for the Collectors Society is free. Here is the link: http://www.collectors-society.com/about_cs.asp

Please keep us posted!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aug 2006
    TN
    Tesoro Umax
    1 times

It looks bronze to me, it's heavy and solid. I thought it just lost it's glamour in the ground over the years. I may have it graded though, that's a good idea.

Dec 2006
    Eastern North Carolina
    White's DFX
    20 times

Holy mega medallions, Batman!!! I hope it is an original.

Mike

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    270 times

What would be really really cool is if you could trace who the recipitant of your medal was ! Great find!
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

Feb 2006
    Minelab Explorer ll
    33 times

Wow cool find. I sure hope it is a real one. Keep on searching and let us know what you find out. Good Luck
    Holding history in our hands is a treasure in itself.
                             ~Minelab EXll~

us
    Digaholic

Sep 2006
    Lone Star State
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Neil in West Jersey
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the original award was embossed in bronze. Yours looks like it may be a facsimile. Do you know if it is bronze?

Below is a picture of the original. As you can see it is slightly different and looks like it has significant weight. I am not an expert in this field and I hope that I am wrong.

If you think it is legitimate, I recommend having the piece graded by the proffessional grading service, NGC. There is a link on the Collectors Society homepage with instructions on how to submit. Signing up for the Collectors Society is free. Here is the link: http://www.collectors-society.com/about_cs.asp

Please keep us posted!
    bubble burster.....

Sep 2006
    Maine
    White's M6 & Prizm III
    31 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Capgun...don;t discount is being original by the shape it is in, not sure about the soil where you are at, but I;ve found some WWII metals that were bronze and the soil here wasn;t kind to them at all, however it could be a bronze copy as well, as Neil stated. Neil did have a good point in getting it graded by NGC..that way you will know for sure and having the NGC certification will increase the value of it significantly. Regardless, it is a very unique find and I hope it is an original.. And do keep us posted as to what you find out!!
    So many promising sites to detect...so little time....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links