Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jun 2005
    Bellefonte, PA
    8 times

Re: another weird brick?

A second brick? I think it could be resin used to rub on the bows of an orchestra instrument.

us
    DG

Mar 2006
    Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
    Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Old brick, brickkety, brick ,brick.
    DG
    Please look at my museum website.....      louisianahistorymuseum.org
    My playtoy site:  genius-antiques.com

us
    Desiderata

Jun 2004
    Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
    7 times
    Cache Hunting

Salt Brick?

They make mineral salt blocks in brick sizes for convenience. Those big field blocks weight almost fifty pounds.

It's tough for the 'little woman' to haul the big blocks around.

Is the texture of your 'slice' granular? Of couse, I have no idea if the mineral block would burn, but salt I think tends to just melt...........

So much for my guess.
    Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly, be led by God in all things!

us
    Mechelle

May 2006
    6 times

bILLKY That avatar looks like George Burns...May he rest in peace...
    So many tangles in life are so ultimately hopeless that there is no appropriate sword,other than laughter.......

us
    Feb 2005
    MAINE
    Ace 250
    3002 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Re: Salt Brick?

Quote Originally Posted by billKY
    They make mineral salt blocks in brick sizes for convenience. Those big field blocks weight almost fifty pounds.

It's tough for the 'little woman' to haul the big blocks around.

Is the texture of your 'slice' granular? Of couse, I have no idea if the mineral block would burn, but salt I think tends to just melt...........

So much for my guess.
    Yes , it is granular . It slices easily with a razor - and it crumbles easily . When I did the burn test , it gets soft before it ignites .

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11405 times
    Metal Detecting

Good Grief Mojjax We just gotta love ya.......whatever you do DONT TASTE THIS ONE....
    Yeah, eventually you might find a piece of bismuth from soldering or arsenic from case hardening and we'd miss these puzzlers.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Whereisit

Here is a long shot...........could it be a brick of buffing compound (jeweler's rouge) that is used to polish metals. The end looks worn by something round, like a buffing wheel. Does it smell like a burnt crayon when it burns?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links