Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NOLA_Ken
  • 2 Post By BosnMate
  • 1 Post By thepoolguy

Thread: couple of ??????

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2013
    fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

couple of ??????

well got out today been super busy for the past week but here they are a plie of pull tabs, a piece of what i think used to be a spoon some clad and a niagra falls keepsake and a couple of i dont knows lol, the niagra falls thing is the one with the hole in the middle and on the back i think it says keep his and youll never be broke? but not sure, i dont know if its silver or aluminum came out shiny but its heavy and its not very think it is actually kinda thin, the other thing is made of copper ithink and it looks like a mini top hat? dont know and the other thing looks like some kind of latch along with all the other trash and before i left the park i threw away a pile of pull tabs so i found alot of pull tabs today not bad for a 2 hour hunt . HH all!! the ones im interested in is the one that looks like a latch, the small top hat, and the niagra falls Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131018_165228.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	883513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131018_165236.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	883514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131018_165141.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	883515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131018_165116.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	883516thingy
    coins so far 2013 totaling 14.21 1 silver necklace ,1 silver ring , a cap gun, and old pocket watch casing

us
    Oct 2011
    3137 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    it had a penny in it...it was a "good luck" token...the niagra falls thing is the one with the hole in the middle and on the back i think it says keep his and youll never be broke

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3196 times
    the hat looking piece I think might be the center cap from a toy wagon wheel
    rickv14623 likes this.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Feb 2011
    Western PA.
    F75 AT Pro Gold Infinium
    270 times
    Relic Hunting
    Agree on the wagon wheel cap. I remember pounding them back on my wagon! ( Although they were probably used on other wheeled objects.)

Jun 2013
    fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
    11 times
    but this is made of copper and is really smooth no marks on it like it was on anything ?? maybe i dont knownomarks inside or out to indicate that it was covering anything, not saying your wrong but its wierd that it doesnt have any marks on it inside or out?
    coins so far 2013 totaling 14.21 1 silver necklace ,1 silver ring , a cap gun, and old pocket watch casing

us
    Jan 2013
    seeing eye shovel
    1448 times
    "One tradition Mr. Adams started with Troop 54 decades ago is the handing out of silver dollars to new Eagle Scouts. Several Eagle Scouts at Mr. Adams' birthday party said the silver dollars were almost as coveted as the Eagle Scout rank itself.

Mr. Adams said it started out as a small gesture.

"In those days, you could get silver dollars at the bank," Mr. Adams said.

"I figured I would be a wiseguy, and when I gave it to them I said, 'Keep this, and you'll never be broke.' "

The tradition grew to be much more than that; Eagle Scout Ryan Hacker said Mr. Adams led by example.

"It's a legacy of giving," Mr. Hacker said.

"It's something to strive for. I remember seeing other Scouts getting their silver dollar, and I thought, "When do I get mine?'" Printer Friendly Version

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boy-Scouts_Unc_rev.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	785.8 KB 
ID:	883534

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /Garrett pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    4342 times
    The little copper deal reminds me of a tea light holder it would have set in wooden base. (tea light is small candle) Also the latch is an internal part to a latch so probably will be hard to get an exact I.D.
    Last edited by Back-of-the-boat; Oct 18, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    back of the boat

us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    8405 times
    One of the first things I ever found with my BFO machine way back in the late 60's was one of those penny good luck pieces,
    keep me and never go broke. Mine has a penny in it, and looks a lot like this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good luck1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	883698
    unclemac and olroy70 like this.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3196 times
    The candleholder idea is a good possibility too......
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6603 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If the little "hat" shaped piece is indeed an axle cap to retain a wheel, it should have a few tiny dimples or cleats to help keep it fastened to the axle shaft. Almost all the ones I've seen were steel however, but I guess they could be made of copper too. The aluminum horseshoe shaped item with the hole in the middle is indeed a souvenir piece that once had a one cent coin in the middle. I've found many of those through the years.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    775 times
    Your little "tophat" piece appears to be a finger pull for a sliding pocket door.
    National N335 661 3/4 Inch Flush Door Finger Pulls Antique-

Steve
    Research and ye shall find!

Jan 2008
    41 times
    i think the item on the bottom right would lock your tire chain on. kinda like this one except older.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thule-tire-chains-049.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	887931  
    HutSiteDigger likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links