Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By skimball802
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By A2coins
  • 4 Post By nhbenz
  • 3 Post By NOLA_Ken
  • 1 Post By skimball802
  • 3 Post By NOLA_Ken
  • 3 Post By skimball802

Thread: What are these!?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2018
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What are these!?

Found on old swiss rifles (1940's I believe). They are pins but otherwise I'm not sure what they are or if they have any value? Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10391963_653214497324_170721545439098305_n.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	1532712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10398088_653214482354_1121848795053276772_n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	1532713
    A2coins and Kray Gelder like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT PRO Nel Attack Coil
    6225 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Those are cool relics I want to know also very interesting.
    skimball802 and Kray Gelder like this.
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT PRO Nel Attack Coil
    6225 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome to the tnet family
    skimball802 likes this.
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

us
    Ben from NH, the Z means nothing

Dec 2004
    Brentwood, NH
    White's Classic SL White's Surf P.I.
    4516 times
    The star/cross looks a lot like what you would see on the shoulderboards of a Swiss general. What do the fasteners look like?
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    2993 times
    The first one is called a "cockade" and is part of a cap badge. I can't say 100% but I think it's German and WW1 era, but they didn't change much other than color of paint. Can you post a pic of the back?

nhbenz is right about the second one being part of a Swiss rank insignia

You say these were on rifles?

Name:	cockade.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	1532756
    Last edited by NOLA_Ken; Jan 01, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Jan 2018
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbenz View Post
    The star/cross looks a lot like what you would see on the shoulderboards of a Swiss general. What do the fasteners look like?

Name:	20180101_142049_HDR.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	694.3 KB 
ID:	1532757

Of course now I can't seem to locate the star one.. Uggh! Shall keep looking. Both of them have the same fastener setup.
    TheCannonballGuy likes this.

Jan 2018
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    The first one is called a "cockade" and is part of a cap badge most likely. I can't say 100% but I think it's German and WW1 era, but they didn't change much other than color of paint. Can you post a pic of the back?

nhbenz is right about the second one being part of a Swiss rank insignia

You say these were on rifles?

Name:	cockade.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	1532756
    Yes sir on rifles. On the shoulder strap.

Picture of fastener is above - having trouble locating the star one now.. moved recently something always goes missing.

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    2993 times
    A bit of info on the cockade : "The cockade used during WW1 to represent Baden regiment was gold and red.

The Grand Duchy of Baden (German: Großherzogtum Baden) was a state in the southwest of Germany on the east bank of the Rhine. It existed between 1806 and 1918.

This cockade was worn on the center of the Feldmütze band below the Reich's cockade. This version was for NCO & Officer ranks use and is one of several versions produced. It is attached to the cap using the two prongs attached."

What they were doing on rifle slings is anyone's guess... The cockade is probably around a 15$ piece, but definitely a neat find
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Jan 2018
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    A bit of info on the cockade : "The cockade used during WW1 to represent Baden regiment was gold and red.

The Grand Duchy of Baden (German: Großherzogtum Baden) was a state in the southwest of Germany on the east bank of the Rhine. It existed between 1806 and 1918.

This cockade was worn on the center of the Feldmütze band below the Reich's cockade. This version was for NCO & Officer ranks use and is one of several versions produced. It is attached to the cap using the two prongs attached."

What they were doing on rifle slings is anyone's guess... The cockade is probably around a 15$ piece, but definitely a neat find
    Thank you Ken!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links