Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: MYSTERY ROCK

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2019
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Robot

If the following doesn't look like "Spaghetti and Meatballs" I don't know what does. Its also a case of me "Going out on a Limb" again. Of all the designs and/or symbols on the Rock, the most mysterious and intriguing for me is the Y symbol. As I have said before, I believe the Y symbol is an integral component due to it being so large and centrally located. In this same vain, the most mysterious and intriguing Freemason symbol I have seen is the "Tree of Life" and/or "Kabbalah" symbolism. Like many of the Freemason symbols, the Tree of Life / Kabbalah symbol is one of the most complicated, to say the least. But even with that said, its the one symbol that might explain the Y symbol. This is not to say the other symbols on the Rock aren't important, because I believe they are. And as far as identifying the other symbols goes, they are more easily recognizable with no real difficulty distinguishing a Triangle from a Square, etc. But the Y symbol is a horse of a different color. For me its a mystery within a mystery that captures ones attention more than anything else on the Rock. If the person who carved the Rock intended to include a major clue to aid in deciphering the design, I think that major clue is the Y symbol. So here I go "Out on a Limb" not only figuratively but literally as well ...

I posted these first two pics earlier, but including them again to emphasize the huge oak tree that is growing among the rocks behind the Mystery Rock. Based on what I know about "Live Oak" trees in this part of southern California, the one growing behind the Mystery Rock is at least 300 years old and was no doubt growing there when the Mystery Rock was carved. Even though the pics don't do it justice, the tree is massive and immediately captures your attention - especially the roots that are exposed among the cracks in the cliff where it stands. There is no way for anyone entering the area not to notice the tree - and possibly even being inspired by it if they intended to carve something into a nearby granite rock.

Mystery Rock in foreground with oak tree and cliff behind it ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Rock Oak Tree and Cliff.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	1698867

Oak tree roots exposed ...

Name:	Mystery Rock Oak Tree Roots.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	1698872

Now for the complicated / spaghetti part. Freemason "Tree of Life" / "Kabbalah" symbolism. Notice the Crown / Bible at the top ...

Name:	Mystery Rock Tree of Life Freemason.JPG 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	1698874

Two more ...

Name:	Mystery Rock Tree of Life Freemason  Illustration.jpg 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	1698875

Name:	Mystery Rock Tree of Life Freemason Definitions.png 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	1698876

I acknowledge that a lot of the "Tree of Life" symbolism is missing from my interpretation - but I also want to reiterate what I discovered earlier, in that the meaning behind a lot of the symbolism used by Freemasons was only known by the individual who used it. In other words, the person who carved the design might have had the "Tree of Life" in mind but didn't feel it was necessary to incorporate every aspect of it - but rather only the aspects that were important to them on a personal level ...

Name:	Mystery Rock Tree of Life Defined.jpg 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	1698879

Footnote: Now you know what I mean about "Going out on a Limb" - But that's okay just so long as I don't fall off and break my neck! In other words, all observations, opinions, and theories are worth considering, even "Pasta Sauce" Yesterday when I said "I see Three" I should have said "I see a Tree"
    Last edited by Sodabob; Apr 03, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

Jan 2019
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In other words (illustration) ...

Name:	Mystery Rock Tree of Life Freemason (3).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	1698881

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links