Can anyone help with information - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Can anyone help with information

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    55672 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I personally have solved countless items for JTW... which is fine... I just wanted to point out the fact in a jokingly manner.

USers posting things they found metal detecting is one thing.

Users posting everyday items they buy to sell for US to do the work is another IMO.

P>S>... Also IMO...

IF you want to sell stuff you buy online...

Do what everyone else has to do... THE WORK INVOLVED... its called "earning it".

I am not here to make YOU money... period.

heh
    Last edited by AARC; Jan 16, 2020 at 05:50 AM.
    jtw1313 likes this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Feb 2013
    1572 times
    Like I said it is simple don’t answer and don’t open the thread.........how about this I will delete my profile......this place always seems to have the one person that comes out every once in awhile........it’s been fun tnet........
    Tnet should try to get rid of this because it’s happened before always some #%t starter......what does anyone care what anyone does with the items they have or where they get them or what they post.......weird
    Last edited by jtw1313; Jan 16, 2020 at 08:02 AM.
    Red-Coat, JVA5th and RW like this.

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    I personally have solved countless items for JTW... which is fine... I just wanted to point out the fact in a jokingly manner.

USers posting things they found metal detecting is one thing.

Users posting everyday items they buy to sell for US to do the work is another IMO.

P>S>... Also IMO...

IF you want to sell stuff you buy online...

Do what everyone else has to do... THE WORK INVOLVED... its called "earning it".

I am not here to make YOU money... period.

heh
    Still you do not need to respond to said users post if it makes you feel that way. I still learn things from posts like this as people answer. I also enjoy seeing what people have and learning about said items. If you don't want to share your knowledge and feel it's being used, then well you are not inclined to. See how that works? Not trying to offend you. I really enjoy this community so I try to stay out of stuff like this. I find almost everyone here to be wonderful people.
    Red-Coat, jtw1313 and RW like this.

Aug 2014
    California
    De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
    2148 times
    I enjoy the posts because I sense jtw1313 does have a lot of background knowledge ... makes for a nice challenge and learning experience when they pose a stumper.

If I might offer one tiny suggestion ?
    The TITLES. It's a rookie mistake to post titles without a direct clue to the item.

"What is it?" and "Can anyone help?" make it hard to research something and go back and quickly find the posts when there are four "What is it" titled posts running down the page.

Something identifiable in the title is a pro move.

jtw always starts with good, multiple pictures. jtw is always there to respond (wisely and on point). Additional pictures are never a problem. Need measurements or details ... you can trust it will be coming, soon.

You start out at $0 pay, but it doubles over time, and you don't get docked for time off. (I've had worse jobs.)
    DCMatt, jtw1313 and RW like this.
    I'm beginning to realize I've gone through life without knowing what anything is ...

us
    John

Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    493 times
    Also so no one is offended I'm very appreciative of this whole community as many have helped me. So again in my responses I'm not trying to upset anyone. I've been helped and never really contribute to helping as I know very little. But I'm always so thankful for those whom share knowledge with me and are kind enough to do so.
    nhbenz, jtw1313 and Red-Coat like this.

us
    Oct 2006
    Herndon Virginia
    Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
    9093 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug N Play View Post
    If I might offer one tiny suggestion ?
    The TITLES. It's a rookie mistake to post titles without a direct clue to the item.

Something identifiable in the title is a pro move.
    My comment on this:

Only give FACTS in the title. Don't speculate on what you think it might be. It spins the thought process on research. This forum has suffered from "group-think" in the past when something was posted with speculative info in the title.

Regarding jtw's posts, I enjoy them. I've helped him out a 'few' times. He's always gracious and appreciative.

Of course, I'm waiting for the day when he posts an item worth 6 figure$ and I get to withhold the ID until he "shows me a little love".

Kidding!!! Love ya, man!
    jtw1313 and JVA5th like this.
    "It's a long time between drinks."
    Attributed to John Motley Morehead
    Governor - North Carolina - 1843

Feb 2013
    1572 times
    I got you DC for sure!!!!

Feb 2013
    1572 times