JP Morgan $100,000
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: JP Morgan $100,000

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ph
    Jun 2020
    Zamboanga city
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

JP Morgan $100,000

Hello guys is this authentic or fake?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_4019071001499152.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	1844319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_568764757155158.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	1844320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1921942911273423.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	1844321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_721816231975224.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	1844322  

Nov 2016
    84 times
    Let's hope they are fake; if not I would hide. There are no outstanding bills left. They have all been accounted for, so possession of any authentic Bill's would be illegal
    ANTIQUARIAN and Kray Gelder like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15441 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Ben Usman! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - I searched and found a very informative thread: jp morgan $100,000.00 gold certificate (Apr 17, 2008)
    ANTIQUARIAN and Yang Hao like this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    39138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome ! *Post moved to What is It.

The U.S. never Officially Printed anything Higher then $10,000 Dollar Bills to Pass between Banks,
    before the Internet & Wiring Money

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l640.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	1844329

My opinion due to the fact the U.S. Government never Produced and Circulated Denominations That High,
    Yet there seems to be Thousands of these. Which would Never pass as Real here.

I think they were a CIA / U.S. Military Scam against The Philippine / Japanese Governments During the war.
    and Produced by the U.S. Mint as a clandestine Run.
    I Think the U.S. Promised a Payment to the Philippine Government, Paid them with This Stuff Then Simply Denied it,
    accusing a small time counterfeiter of having the where-with-all to produce them

Perhaps payment for some of Yamasheeta's Gold

fyi :

in spite of the Fact they will Never Pass as real Here,
    a $100,000 Dollar Bill is as Spendable as a $3.00 Bill with Nixon on it. & Monopoly Money(Play Money)

the Secret Service will arrest & Confiscate the $100,000 Dollar Bills as Counterfeit any Brought into the U..s.

More proof to me there is More here then Meets the Eye.
    Why wouldn't they just Laugh at them, ?
    No Bank, U.s. Citizen or Store would Cash or Deposit.
    & the Secret Service apparently Doesn't want People to see Them.

Please Note, This is My Personal opinion, I have no Proof of this. just my, I love a Conspiracy Mind
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 26, 2020 at 05:46 AM.

Charter Member
    ca
    Detect everyday like it's the last day of the season!

Apr 2010
    Upper Canada
    XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
    11135 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    As a 'novelty' item, your notes certainly would have a collectible value to them.
    But the question you should be asking yourself is... "are these notes actually legal to own and then sell?"

Dave
    jeff of pa and Kray Gelder like this.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    ― John Wayne

Dec 2003
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    39138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If I'm not mistaken even the Philippine Government considers them to be illegal to own.

At least "Officially" at the Airport.

A few years ago I read where someone was arrested trying to bring 10's of Thousands
    or at least a suitcase full of them on to a plane

Charter Member
    ca

Apr 2010
    Upper Canada
    11135 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post

If I'm not mistaken even the Philippine Government considers them to be illegal to own.

At least "Officially" at the Airport.

A few years ago I read where someone was arrested trying to bring 10's of Thousands
    or at least a suitcase full of them on to a plane
    If they were legal to own, I'd be one of those people interested in buying one to frame simply for the 'historical interest'.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    ― John Wayne

Dec 2003
    39138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This is Probably the Sticking Point

Name:	000asd.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1844330

Which also gets my Conspiracy Addled Brain working .

IF Not Produced by the U.S. Mint, Why would they Care ?
    They don't have to Cover the debt unless it is on the Books as Official Currency of the U.S.

Charter Member
    ca

Apr 2010
    Upper Canada
    11135 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    This is Probably the Sticking Point

Which also gets my Conspiracy Addled Bran working .

IF Not Produced by the U.S. Mint, Why would they Care ?
    They don't have to Cover the debt unless it is on the Books as Official Currency of the U.S.
    The confusing thing is, these bills look real Jeff!
    That's my concern about anyone who potentially buys one even as a novelty piece (myself included).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_568764757155158-crop.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	1844332  
    jeff of pa and Kray Gelder like this.
    ― John Wayne

Dec 2003
    39138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would like to know when the first ones started to show up
    and if it was right after Marcos found part of the Treasure.

Right after his death ?

or right after the war ?
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 26, 2020 at 05:14 AM.
    ANTIQUARIAN likes this.

Dec 2003
    39138 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTIQUARIAN View Post
    The confusing thing is, these bills look real Jeff!
    That's my concern about anyone who potentially buys one even as a novelty piece (myself included).
    who has that type of equipment That doesn't Realize 1's & 5's go unchecked
    ANTIQUARIAN likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    NOX899 ATpro
    5369 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    To produce a bill of that quality wouldn't be easy...

I know that the color copy machines wont print 20s and higher, every color printer has a encrypted dot code that can be read if needed and they can track it from that...

I was Xerox commercial service tech for 7 years...
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    2452 times
    It’s counterfeit. The Smithsonian has this to say about the (authentic) 1934 note:

During the early 1930s, the United States and the rest of the industrialized world experienced an economic depression. In 1934, the United States continued its movement toward removing its currency from the gold standard. It even became illegal to possess gold coins or gold-based currency until Congress relented somewhat for collectors. The Gold Certificate Series of 1934 poses a slight puzzle since the United States was off the gold standard by 1934. The $100,000 note shown here [actually the image wasn’t available and the note isn’t currently on display, but the picture below is public domain from Wiki] was not intended for general circulation but was used as an accounting device between branches of the Federal Reserve. This $100,000 note was the highest denomination ever issued by the United States.

Name:	US-0000-GC-1934-Fr-2413.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	1844389

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing for the U.S. Department of the Treasury also confirms that authentic notes cannot be legally possessed:

The $100,000 Gold Certificate was used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and was not circulated among the general public. This note cannot be legally held by currency note collectors.

Only 42,000 of the $100,000 note were printed. When the US Government stopped using them in the early 1960s, most were destroyed and only three are known to have survived: the one held by the Smithsonian, one at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and one held by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing themselves.

The origins of the high quality counterfeits are obscure, but they have been reported as part of a large-scale scam whereby there were attempts to trick banks into issuing genuine ‘bearer bonds’ based on the security of the fake notes. Bearer bonds are as good as cash in the banking system.

In addition, there are large quantities of (usually poor quality) counterfeits/facsimiles which are known to originate from the Philippines (although not necessarily printed there) and often turn up on Fleabay with spurious claims for their authenticity. They seem to be aimed at gullible collectors rather than geared towards financial fraud. Banknote experts/collectors frequently report that they’re contacted by people with bundles of them, believing they are sitting on a fortune.

The US Treasury, when asked about the legality of possession of the counterfeit/facsimile notes has in the past ducked the issue by saying things like “we have more important matters to pursue”.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13574 times
    Metal Detecting
    See page seven of this document from Wells Fargo.

http://ultrafree.org/docs/Wells_Fargo_Procedure.pdf

42,000 of these certificates ($4.2 billion worth) were indeed printed, but were never circulated and none were ever lost or stolen. They were known as “Bank Transfer Notes” because they were used to settle accounts between banks until the 1960s when computers made electronic funds transfer more efficient. 41,994 of the 42,000 notes have been recalled and destroyed by the US Treasury. Only six (6) of these certificates remain today. They are extremely rare and all are property of and in the possession of the US Government. Even the Smithsonian Institution did not acquire its sample until the US Treasury donated it in 1978. Other samples are occasionally displayed by the BEP at larger coin and currency shows. Various stories are circulated by the scammers who sell JP Morgan. The bottom line, however, is that the US Bureau of Engraving and Printing declares, “The $100,000 Gold Certificate was used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and was not circulated among the general public. This note cannot be legally held by currency note collectors.”
    My highlight added.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    14502 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome to treasurenet !!
    The bill(s) are totally fake--as all above have mentioned.
    Don..
    ANTIQUARIAN and Yang Hao like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links