Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

Old KKK membership coins

I was going through some old stuff and came upon these. I am not sure where I got them. Does any one know anything about them, like are these common. They are a part of our history, are they of any value? I am not trying to get anyone upset, just seeking info. thanks. John

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Old KKK membership coins

Your Top one looks close to this one dated 1928

21. KK-226 Obverse: Features Night Rider with fiery cross, Realm of Illinois, Knights of Ku Klux Klan. Reverse: Features Lady Liberty, Illinois 1928, I was there (commemorates National Klonklave). Approx. half dollar size. Copper. $250.00

http://www.kkklan.com/coins.htm

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5135 times

the W. VA May be a fantasy Membership Token also

Am Guessing by this

http://www.exonumia.com/fakes.htm

Mentions one from alabama & One from GA
    among others

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

Thanks for the link Jeff. The first kkk coin that I showed has a date of 1919, and says realm of USA instead of Ill. do you have any other links I can check out? Thanks for your help. John

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

Jeff I'm not real familar with fantasy , Can you guys explain that to me? Thanks John

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5135 times

Made to Celebrate the time in History.

They still have Collector Value
    Just not as High as the real thing.

Here is an Example
    listed currently at $100 (Old Auction)
    http://www.exonumia.com/fakes/fant05a.htm

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5135 times

Here is a better Discription from the link above

A fake is a counterfeit, generally a cast copy of a genuine original. Some deceptive fakes of original Slave Tags have been made with new dies. It is against Federal law to make fakes or counterfeits of original items. A number of coins, tokens and medals have been faked. Some expensive coins have been faked by creating copy-dies.

A fantasy is a piece that never existed years ago and implies it is old. Most fantasy pieces sound too good to be true, and generally are! I have also listed some suspect pieces that I highly doubt are original items, but I must see to be able to determine (they are listed as doubtful). Fantasy pieces can be struck, cast or engraved. A number of fantasy pieces have been created by crooks creating a new piece from legitimate manufacturers, with good quality die work and design. Just because it looks good does not mean it is, and just because it looks shoddy it does not mean it isn't genuine!

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

Thanks a lot Jeff. I still cant find the mebership coins I have on the web. They may be fake for all I know, Like i said cant remember where I got em. If any one else knows anthing about them, please let me know. thanks JOHN

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by Flintfinder
    Jeff I'm not real familar with fantasy , Can you guys explain that to me? Thanks John
    A fantasy can not be a fake because there is no original. A fake is a deceptive copy of an original but made later to defraud collectors. A fake coin is called a counterfeit. siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

Thanks JustGeese, I looked and looked and couldn't come up with anything. I am an arrowhead hunter, and collect er. I know nothing about coins ,tokens etc. To me this is just history, and that's it. I didn't collect them, but they were probably in a box of stuff bought at auction. So No hard feelings. I just kinda wanted to know what they were worth before I got rid of them. John

us
    Treasure Hunting America Texas Style

Oct 2007
    born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden texas towards laredo on a ranch as a ranch hand
    X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Hi the Top Token is valued at $250.00

21. KK-226 Obverse: Features Night Rider with fiery cross, Realm of Illinois, Knights of Ku Klux Klan. Reverse: Features Lady Liberty, Illinois 1928, I was there (commemorates National Klonklave). Approx. half dollar size. Copper.

Contact this person: alnewman6@hotmail.com

LINK: (Middle of the Pg.)

http://www.kkklan.com/coins.htm

Link #2 for other items
    http://www.cdgale.com/kidd/

There are many REALM's of the KKK, the Realm is the State Level which is broken down from the Empire level of the U.S.A.
    [i]Treasure Hunting America Texas Style
    [i]http://davemann.webs.com/

us
    First One In WINS

Mar 2008
    Troy, Mo

The first one says Member in good standing 1919 ( realm of USA) The secound one appears to be stamped over another coin(penny Dated 1937) The secound one on the face has stamped #4 KKK W.VA and has crosses stamped around the KKK. Thanks for the link to the auction, I did see the third one in that link, but its just an auction link and really didnt give me any info. Thanks for your input, and I really thank you guys for the help. John

Sponsors