Whtes Spectra V3I or Whtes TDI????????

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: well I'm trying to get a metal detector that goes deep for deep targets, I Already have a 2 box machine that goes deep and others for coin hunting, But I need a Coil type metal detector that goes deep for treasure hunt, and also will perform well on mineralized soils, like hot rocks etc, My partner has a TDI not the SL or the Pro, and i get to use it ones in a while, But I am undesired what to get, so I am asking to T.N. experts for advise on What should I get, I know The DD coils are very good because i own one on my garrett Ace/250 and i get about 3 or little deeper with big target, but does not have ground balance, so is not good for mineralized soils, and the Spectra offers DD coils for it, but probably not for Whites TDI, so I hope to get some opinions and advise on this post.

Last edited:

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its mineralized soil and depth find a TDI Pulse Scan or Pro. Not the SL. The V3I is great but its a pain in the ass for high mineralized soils and depth. The key is depth. I have had a Pulse Scan and V3I and used them both in Nevada and Florida and the TDI wins out in Nevada for sure with super mineralized soils. If I want to discriminate more and not worried about "going deep" the V3I is the machine.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my V3i but it can also be frustrating because it has thousands of settings that can have a big effect on the area you are hunting. This can be a great feature or a nightmare if you don't have the time to learn the machine.

You might take a look at the equinox it is much lighter & cheaper and you won't sacrifice depth if your not willing to put the time in on the V3i. As far as the mineralized ground I haven't heard a single complaint about the Equinox.

I have a hard time recommending the V3i unless you plan to put some serious time on the machine learning the nuances of the settings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions