M6 in UpState Ny

Franky Razor

Feb 13, 2009
Hi all
If I may ask this of you more seasoned MD, I have set my sights on an M6, we plan on doing Coin , old area relic type hunting, beach sand, but also areas up here have high salt content hense the reason they call this area the salt city. I have watched Whites vid's on the MXT and the M6 but find I don't plan on doing much Prospecting here in Ny so would that be just not worth the Xtra cash for the MXT . I would like to know if the M6 is good for Relic hunting. and if I'm at an area with high salt content could I switch to beach mode to work around that even if i'm not at a beach or sandy area any info would help in my deciding on which one to buy.
and does anyone have any contact info on Jerry Denton who used to own Jerry's treasure den.

also man this is 1 great site read alot just overloaded with info lol
also Us up in the North just have to keep tellin yourself winter almost over, almost over , almost over, almost over.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hey FR, Yes the M6 will do fine at relic hunting. I also use one and it works well. The M6 is basically a MXT without the prospecting mode, but you get the multi-tone id with the M6. Salty beaches may still give you fits, but you could lower sensitivity, or try running trac on lock. Good luck and let us know how you make out!!!!!

Greg

berkshiregold

Nov 15, 2008
Berkshire County Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Welcome FR. I've been using an M6 for only a year now and I love it! I haven't had a chance to use the salt water setting yet. It's a great coin shooter and I've found a whole lot of "relics"! Brass, copper, lead. A bagful of clad and an 1864 2 center at 10". A few IH cents. Lots of Wheaties and silver coins. Overall, I think it's a great machine. Good luck! bg

OP
OP
F

Franky Razor

Feb 13, 2009
thanks it is very helpful in my wanting to go with the M6 to start buy extra coils and if and when I upgrade means i won't have to purchase extra coils seeing that the MXT and the DFX use the same. thanks again.

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
Franky,
I have used the M6 on the beaches in Florida and it works really good with the 6x10dd.

Makton

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franky Razor,
Jerry Denton folded up his shop , got divorced and headed to Florida. I worked for Jerry many times opening the shop while he was out doing his Mding thing. I knew alot of his customers and over a period of 35 years grew to know the man well. We all have spent many a night at the " Treasure Den " discussing treasure or caches or gold digging or diving. I truely do miss those days. The very last time I was there was , I think March of 2008, and Cheif was there trying to sell what was left of Jerry's stock. I honestly dont know where Jerry moved to other than the state of Florida. I probably purchased 15 or so detectors from that store and all the equipment that went along with it..along with a hooka outfit and many sluices and pans. Was just a great disappointment when he closed. Just found this web site so am about 5 months late in answering your question. Good Luck in all you do..and remember...leave it as you found it..so nobody even knows you were there...Jim French...old friend of Jerry ( Pall Mall ) Denton...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread