Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: WHITE'S VISION METAL DETECTOR

I posted the link in the other http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224228.msg1640918.html#msg1640918.

$1700...minus the penny.....

gonna be a hard decision given the economy and whether I still have a job. Big meeting of staff this past Friday...can't be good.

The info posted on your other link is great........seems pretty easy to understand those graphs.

Al

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I talked to a local dealer and he told me that I already had more info than he had.
they do look a little expensive but, those graphs look awesome

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II

Wonder how long it will be before Sunray has an in-line probe available for the Vision...

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I'll bet the one for the DFX will probably work

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

My local dealer didn't know of it at all. ::)

It seems it uses modified DFX coils etc.
So a Sunray should work, at least if you think logically as some old DFX coils do work according to Carl@White's. :-\

Good Hunting!
Eu

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Same thing here. Contacted 2 dealers and neither knew of the detector. I did send the link to the one I bought stuff from before so hopefully he'll look into it.

Al

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I just sat down and read everything on their website about it, I'm going to shift a little money around to invest in this one

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Same here Sniffer.

I would be one of the first to get notified when it arrives in Sweden. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

when they become available here I'll post it

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sniffer said:
when they become available here I'll post it
I guess late March or early April for you. Hopefully same here. :)

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

They are already out and some folks have them I should have one the end of this week I hope.
Looked to good to pass up. For the price I hope it is. Talk to your local dealer should be able to get
it less than list for sure. Most do 10 to 20% off.

Jason

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I didn't know they were available yet, I'm going to check it out

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sniffer said:
I didn't know they were available yet, I'm going to check it out

Yes they are, they where officially released just recently. :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yep...ordered mine today and should have it by Wednesday...about 10% off list. :thumbsup:

Al

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I'm going to have to save a little more before I invest in one

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009

$1600 is too much for any metal detector. Think hard about it, $1600... I've been digging for a long time and every maker comes out with the "Detector to have". Every year or so.
Its very pretty and gives you a really nice colored LCD with a graph. But in the end..You dig it whether you have a pretty color graph or cordless headphones. And you have to walk over it . Its priced on all that "future treasure you could dig". Almost like speculating. Theres not $1600 worth of material there.

All the machines produced in the USA or imported are subject to limitations on transmitting power. They're only allowed so much power. I like whites machines but in the end the Spectrum XLT in my book is their best and affordable.
I believe the Vision is just a cliche with alot of bells and whistles not needed and theres alot of machines out there that can match it in depth. I've seen too many people run out and buy the so called hottest detector and get rings run around them with machines costing 1/3 of the fancy ones.

Don't get me wrong,I like Whites machines. I wore out 3- 5900's relic hunting and a Spectrum. I out dug in quantity and depth against Minelabs costing twice as much with them. Some of the best finds out there have been done with Fisher's and lesser costing machines.

I know, I know, they'll sell some for this crazy $1600 and those buyers will swear by them. They have to, they have to justify the price they spent. It's just like another SuperDetector that hit the market years ago, remember those,they sold for$1500-$2000. Whats going to make them feel really bad is when little Johnny pops in with his Tesoro Vaquero and digs circles around them. Pick a good affordable machine and get proficient with it. I seen kids with Garrett Groundhogs dig Barber dimes at 8". They are persistant and work with it constantly because its all they can afford.

Remember: The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop it up.

+++++This is my take on this new Vision and I hope not to offend anyone who buys it or who has the extra money to toss around right now. I'd let them hit the market and float around for a year. They'll come down in price like the Ipod did and it'll give everyone a chance to see a real field test in person and not a magazine review. I'd like to see it square off against the Spectrum or a top of the line Garrett, Minelab or Tesoro.

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006

At the price of this detector they should put wheels and a steering wheel on it! I can't believe they can be so greedy! Bill

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

It's called free enterprise, you charge high at first to make up for research and development

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi,

People are into all sorts of things. Some people are into Harley's. Some into snowmobiles. Some people want an RV, and the next person wants a boat. I own or want none of these things. I'm into metal detecting. In the world of big boy and girl toys metal detectors are darn cheap. I have a rotating inventory of around $10,000 in metal detectors and accessories. In the last couple years of high precious metal prices I've sold off some of my accumulated finds that has netted me more than that by a good margin. I'm money ahead on my metal detecting.

What other hobby can have me so into history by way of research, take me to locations far and wide on the hunt, meet interesting people, get good excercise, make exciting finds, all at a pretty low price and a potential I can actually make a buck at it?

I don't think most people need anything more than an MXT. Talk about bang for the buck. But for people like me for whom detecting is a life-long passion all I can say is bring on those big buck detectors. Just make sure they have compelling features I can't resist. The Vision does a few things I want that no other machine does, so I got the first one in Alaska. And darn glad I did!

Steve Herschbach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread